Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I'm Baaaaack!!
Jhawkchick posted:
Well hello everyone! I can honestly say, it's quite a surprise to back here so soon! I just had a positive HPT on Sunday and my DD just celebrated her 1st birthday yesterday (Tuesday). DH and I just keep telling ourselves that God has a plan for us...so we are definietly excited! Still a little in shock, but excited.

So looking at the calendar, I realize that I'm 4 1/2 weeks along (using first day of last period as a start date), but I don't "feel" pregnant. I'm a little tired, but chasing a 1-year old around will do that to anyone. But with DD, I was already feeling nausous (sp?) by this point and I'm just not there yet. Not that I'm complaining, but just wondering if anyone else can comment on when they started feeling sick?

Thanks all and I'm so excited to be taking this journey again!

korin81 responded:
Welcome back!

My first I felt sick at 6 weeks. My second at 5 weeks and this one right at 4 weeks lol. Still sick and on zofran everday but the last few weeks have gotten much better! Happy and healthy 9 months to you
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), EDD: 10/18/12

hoping101 responded:
Lurking from 2nd trimester...

With my 1st I started getting sick around 6 weeks and this one was about 7-8 weeks and hasn't stopped yet! It actually got worse as the weeks went by.

Good luck!

nikndan13 responded:
Congrats ! Well this is baby #4 for me and I can certainly attest to every pregnancy being different with my first 2 the m/s was minimal and started around 5 weeks and didn't stick around too long my last LO it started literally from 4 1/2 weeks and lasted till 16 weeks and was all day long . This time around I felt great till about 6 1/2 weeks and I didn't fool around and wait to ask for the zofran so with the help of that I'm now 9 weeks and starting to get back to normal and keep food down . I wouldn't count your self out yet but just prepare yourself ahead of time ...maybe you will be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get it too bad : ) happy and healthy 9 mths

thebirdisblue87 responded:
Hello and Congrats!! I am pregnant with my first and I am almost 8 weeks along and I only have very mild m/s. I have a friend who is pregnant with her 4th and she was very sick this time and she said with the others she only got a little sick. So I think every pregnancy is different and I know sometimes it can depend on the sex of the baby as well. My m/s that I do have started at 6 weeks and 4 days. Good luck!!!

Jhawkchick responded:
Thanks ladies!!! I guess i should be happy that I'm not feeling sick at all. I just couldn't remember when it started with my last pregnancy, but from the sounds of things... what happened last time might be completely irrelevant for this pregnancy. Oh, the joys ahead! Thanks again!!

beckie_33 replied to Jhawkchick's response:
Congrats!!!

I was sick almost right away and i'm still sick and i'm only 11 weeks.

As for the fact that how sick you get can depend on the sex of the baby that is a myth. I have in-laws that have been sick for all their pregnancies and they weren't all one sex. My mom had 9 kids and she was sick with all of us, 6 boys and 3 girls.

I sure hope you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't get sick because morning sickness really sucks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm pregnant with my first and am very excited, but also nervous. I'm hoping to learn more with the discussion boards and share tips.

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.