Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Hoping for the best
fingerscross posted:
My last period the start of it was in feb didn't think anything about it becaus we had a scare in November had a few pregnancy test come back faintly positive then I started bleeding. Then they came back neg. my periods have been crazy since. I felt late so I took a test Sunday and it came back with 2 very dark positive lines. Then later I took 2 digital ones they came back pregnant and I took another line one and it came back positive. So I am pretty sure we are! But the doctor wont see me until the middle of may!!! I just want more conformation!u husband and sister are just positive that I am. Any thoughts???

Jhawkchick responded:
You are definitely pregnant!! I know the feeling of having to wait to get in to see the doctor...it feels like FOREVER!! But they want to be able to do an ultrasound and hopefully hear the heartbeat when you come in for confirmation. If you got (as you say) very dark lines on the HPT, then that means the hormone level is pretty significant. I'm sure if you called the docs office and explained your situation and that you know the doctor can't see you, but ask if they can give you an order for blood work to check your hormone levels--they may accomodate that request. Just tell them you've had a miscarriage in the past, this has you so anxious you're losing sleep, work is suffering, hell...cry if you have to. lol! It's sad to say, but be as dramatic as possible. The thing is, for the doctor and his/her staff...waiting until you're 6 - 8 weeks pregnant is standard and they deal with that all day, every day. But it's totally differnt for the patient--especially if it's going to be your first baby. With all that being said, you're definitely pregnant...and if you get to the end of each day without any major bleeding, it's a safe bet that you're still pregnant. If you are bleeding, then of course call your doctor, but if you're not...just try not to worry. Hope that helps. Good luck to you!!

fingerscross replied to Jhawkchick's response:
Yeah I tried to tell them I wanted blood work done and told them my past but they said its pointless unless you are bleeding there is nothing they can do to stop a miscarriage this early. So I am just praying everyday til may 14th:) yeah the lines were dark and didn't take long at all to show up maybe 30 seconds. And thr digital ones came back pregnant! Just praying everyday! Thank you very much!

Jhawkchick replied to fingerscross's response:
I don't know, but it might sound like you should look for a different OB. I got a referral to my current OBGYN and she is amazing. With my DD, I was due March 30th and I told her that if she wasn't here by the 30th I wanted to be induced and she was totally fine with that. With this baby... I went in on Monday (6 weeks, 2 days) and they couldn't pick up a heartbeat. She told me to come back in 7 - 10 days and they could probably hear it then. She could tell how dissappointed I was by the look on my face and offered to have me do blood work for peace of mind. I don't know if that's the norm, but but there has to be other OBs out there who are a little more flexible to their patients' requests and concerns.

I hear so many stories like yours or stories about someone going a full two weeks beyond their due date before a docotr will even consider induction...which is just ridiculous! At 40 weeks...you are SO OVER being pregnant and also SO ANXIOUS to meet your little one that going another 2 full weeks is torture. Also, with the realities of everyday life...it's so hard to keep working at 40/41 weeks pregnant, but if you take early disability leave, that cuts into the time you'll have at home with your new baby. Just craziness! Sorry...long rant...

But do you have any girlfriends or other family memebers in the area you can ask for a reccomendation to a different OB?

fingerscross replied to Jhawkchick's response:
I've been recommended to this OB . They just dont like seeing their patients before 12 weeks because you usually can't hear a heartbeat until then so there is no point and they dont like seeing their patients walk away without it. The disappointment not hearing it. I took another pregnancy test today still positive! I just feel like I wanna take one every day until may 14 because I am nervous and I do t know if I'm just paranoid or what I just need to think positive. I wanna tell all my friends and family but idk if we should wait. Ya there is no way I could go after 40 weeks!!! I'm probably around 6 or so weeks and I already have a little belly:) its exciting and crazy that it's already growing!

korin81 replied to fingerscross's response:
I totally understand what your saying. I am on my third pregnancy and at a new OB. They don't see patients here until they are 10-12 weeks along. My previous pregnancies though I was seen right at 5-6 weeks for the initial blood tests and paperwork. Do you have a patients first or some kind of urgent care around you? You could always go there and just get a blood test done, even though your are most def peggers . I told my family right away and my friends about a week later. We found out a little before 4 weeks. Congrats and here's to a happy and healthy 9 months
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), EDD: 10/18/12

fingerscross replied to korin81's response:
Yeah my sis says not to waste thr money on blood work bc I am preggers. Do u think ppl should wait to tell until their first doc appt? Or pretty safe to tell now?!

korin81 replied to fingerscross's response:
It's really up to you! I would tell though because I am one that cannot keep anything a secret lol, especially a pregnancy . However I know some women have had a tough time with prior pregnancies so I understand why they would want to wait until that first appt. Either way it's all up to you
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), EDD: 10/18/12

fingerscross replied to korin81's response:
I had really sharp pains today. If I was looking down at my belly to the left of my belly I had pains higher up. Is that normal doctor said that it's probably everything growing? Any thoughts?!

jessi2056 replied to fingerscross's response:
I only get those kind of pains when i need to do number 2! (sorry for the gross information) but really the only time i get bad cramps is when i have to use the restroom.... sometimes i feel a little pressure here and there but i know it's because everythings growing and stretching making room for baby! Another time you can get cramps is if your on your feet too much... if that's the case sit down and relax more through out the day! Take it easy! No more rock climbing or bungy jumping at this point! lol!
BFP on St. Patty's day! B/w confimed 3/19! Due date November 27, 2012!

fingerscross replied to jessi2056's response:
Yeah I know what ur saying about the restroom but it wasn't that hopefully it was just me growing!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I'm 36yrs old. 4th pregnancy last 2 were chemical pregnancies and were lost within 7 weeks no known cause except that I tested positive fo...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.