Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

2nd time mom and showing already?!
LynnB320 posted:
I'm 10 weeks pregnant with my second baby (my 1st turned 10 months today) and none of my pants fit. With my first I didn't wear maternity pants till 16 weeks. I don't look pregnant to strangers but I feel huge! Anyone else going through this?

melb1121 responded:
am preggo with my third and will be 9 weeks tom.....i have the exact same issue for the last couple weeks.....you start to "show" sooner with 2nd 3rd ect. pregnancys....good luck!
Melenie(27) DH(26) DD Rachel(3) DD Abigail(2) BFP 3/25/2012 EDD 12/04/2012 green team!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yup...same for me too.

My husband always says the first baby was in a "compact" and baby number 2 rides in the "sedan". A nice way of staying I got big early!

H

scperdomo responded:
Same here. I am a little over 9 weeks and I totally have a baby bump to the point where it is noticeable to others! I was going to try to wait until after the 2nd trimester to even tell people at work, but there is seriously no hiding it! I'm 5'3 and 118 lbs, so its not even like I could play it off like a put on a little weight, I'm the same size everywhere and then boom, there is a little belly. lol

I didn't even need maternity clothes last time until I was close to 6 months!!

kpotvin replied to scperdomo's response:
I'm a first timer and I'm in week 7. You cant tell yet from the exterior but I feel bloated. How long before you started showing with your first pregnancy?

72678 responded:
can relate with my second pregnancy i showed early i even felt him move at 12 weeks

gnat01 responded:
Totally! I remember baby #2 was so quick to show for me!
I can only imagine what #3 will be! Plus all the room he/she has in there to grow now! I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a big baby! LOL
I'm only 5.5 wks, but already feel bloated...and my bbs are HUGE. UGH...

mendezwife responded:
Hello ladies
I am pregnant with my 5th child! I am only 5 wks, but feel bloated already. I had twins a year ago (my angel babies! ) I am not new to this process! LOL But yes you do show earlier with each pregancy. The womb gets a lil looser I think! Idk!

With my 1st child (13 yrs ago) I didn't wear maternity jeans till almost 5-6 months! Just have the pair in your closet incase. You know the better you feel, the better you look!

Good luck ladies and I pray for healthy babies!
Anyone with a Jan due date?

Delilah

livelaughmoe replied to kpotvin's response:
I am on my first pregnancy, and I am too 7 weeks. I feel bloated and I almost feel like aim am showing. Not sure if it's the bloating. I am 5'7 and 165. I gained 5pounds already, and I'm so bummed about that, now I'm 170.

kpotvin replied to mendezwife's response:
I'm due January 2 - with our first child We're super excited.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first daughter while attending college, and with the help and support of my family I graduated from SDSU with my BA in Neuropsychology. I wor...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful