Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

2013 Babies
kpotvin posted:
Hi everyone, just found out today that I'm pregnant. I'm in my 6th week and my EDD is 1/2/2013. It's our first, and we're excited but scared. We went to look at baby stuff today and got pretty overwhelmed. Any advise?

snpuff responded:
Congrats! I'm due a few days before you - 12/29/2012. I would say it's all very overwhelming as well. I'm waiting until I get a closer to my first trimester being over before I try to look at too much stuff! I just started to feel sick on Saturday (exactly 6wk).... It's also our first!

Zaysmama responded:
Lurking from the 2nd tri board...

Hey ladies, whether you are planning to be surprised or can't wait to find out what the baby's gender is, its best to buy some things just to get them out of the way. Gender neutral things like bottles and diapes, bath stuff and baby essentials like nail clippers, thermometer, bulb syringe are all a good place to start.Other ideas for an early start on buying baby stuff is the furniture, I'd wait until after the first trimester to buy anything (just in case) but It saves you from worrying about those things last minute..
And if you are planning to have a baby shower, ppl love to buy baby clothes so try to plan that after you find out the sex (if you choose to) so ppl can be specific and thats one less thing you need to spend all you money on.

Happy and Healthy pregnancies ladies! & congrats!!!

kpotvin replied to snpuff's response:
HI, It looks like our due dates are just a couple days apart! I have just gotten a little bit of the queasies but nothing bad. We're not going to find out if its a boy or girl (if we can hold out long enough!) so that will make it a little more difficult to buy things. well good luck to you!

Cowgirl6598 responded:
I found out Sunday. I'm currently 5 weeks 1 day. EDD 1/9/13!

kpotvin replied to Cowgirl6598's response:
Congratulations! Thats so exciting Have you told anyone yet?

mendezwife responded:
Hello ladies
I am due Jan. 17th, 2013. This is my 5th child. I lost twins last Feb. 2011. So we are hoping this is our lil blessing baby.
Just relax, maybe looking online at baby things won't be so overwhelming. In a store it can feel like its everywhere! Online you can just turn off the comp if your tired! lol!

Being your 1st its exciting and you feel like you need it all. But with baby showers and gifts along the way, you will get all you need! Good luck & take care!

Delilah

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
The best thing I did was take my best friend along to help set up my registry.

She knew exactly what I needed - and didn't need. As a bonus, she had kept many things (a glider, the crib and a changing table) that she let me use.

Congrats!

Haylen

Cowgirl6598 replied to kpotvin's response:
kpotvin - I have only told my husband! My first appointment is next Thursday the 31st. We don't plan on telling anyone until 13 weeks which will be the 4th of July. We'll see how long I can hide it

hupper124 responded:
hi congratulations, i am very happy about you. you made me remember excitement of my wife when we had our first child. soon we are expecting our second child. one advice i would like to give is most of the parents starts shopping for baby before their birth. take baby cloth fabric seriously while buying clothes , because baby's skin is 6x softer than a adult. buy 100% organic fabric. all the best!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Heather (27), DH (36), DS (3), DS, (1), MC 4/8/10 @ 7wks

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful