Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Dizzy spells.....
3lovingkids posted:
I am 9 weeks and 4 days. I have been having really bad dizzy spells to the point I feel like I am going to pass out. I called the doctor today and the just said to eat more. Is anyone else haveing this problem. I have tryed eating more today but that has not helped. Could it be something else?

Taylove11 responded:
Hi there, I found the following article:

Pregnancy Dizziness (Feeling Faint)

Dizziness can occur anytime middle to late pregnancy. The pregnancy hormone progesterone dilates blood vessels so blood tends to pool in the legs. In addition, more blood is going to your growing uterus. This can cause a decrease in blood pressure, especially when changing positions, resulting in dizziness.

Faintness and dizziness can also be affected by poor eating habits. When your blood sugar levels are too low, you may feel faint.

Recommendations:
  • Move around often when standing for long periods of time.
  • Try lying on your left side to rest.
  • Try to move slowly when standing from a sitting position; avoid sudden movements.
  • Eat regular meals to prevent low blood sugar.
From http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-coping-with-discomforts?page=2

If you are still really concerned, you could always call another doctor and ask for a second opinion. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this. I hope it gets better soon.
Me(24), DH(31), DD (1-1/2), 2 fur babies. 2 on the way! EDD 12/7/2012. HR 104 BPM 4/5.

Gloria454 responded:
Hi, when I was pregnant I consulted week by week pregnancy calendar, there all the symptoms and the processes are described may be it'll help you https://saymommy.com/weeks/ good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Had my first child, my son Brodie, on July 4th 2008 by emergency C-section. Miscarried my 2nd baby at 12 weeks on November 2, 2010. Am not pregnant ag...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.