Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Exercise & Pregnancy - Do You Still Think It Will Harm The Baby?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
A new study was just published showing that pregnant women are still afraid exercise is going to hurt their child .

Check out this article about why exercise is important for you and the baby when pregnant:

Exercise for a Healthy Pregnancy

Are you staying active and getting exercise during your first tri?

Haylen

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I did with both pregnancies. I was going to the gym when I got pregnant with my first and kept going with the consent of my doctor. I walked duing my second pregnancy.

Gloria454 responded:
I started visiting yoga classes during my first pregnancy and I got lots of positive things, it really helped when facing with labor, so you ma read about it more https://saymommy.com/mom_1123_advantages-parental-yoga.html

batam responded:
I was training for a half marathon before my pregnancy and I've decided to continue and run in the race (which is next Sunday). I'm 7 weeks along so the only thing affecting my training has been fatigue. It actually helps my energy levels to get up and do an early morning run before work, as long as I eat a huge breakfast to keep nausea at bay. I haven't had my first doctor's appt yet to confirm this is OK, but I have an OB-GYN friend who knows my health and activity level and she said I'd be fine if I reduced my speed and didn't overdo it. After the race I plan to keep running but with much shorter distances, 2-4 miles every other day.

Zaysmama replied to batam's response:
Lurking from 2nd tri..
Glad to hear you ladies are staying active!
I was in a dance class before I got pregnant and continued thru it. Just before our final show, I reached the 20week mark and it actually helped me get thru the 1st tri pleasantly!...
With my first I stayed active and my labor was easy peasy.. hoping for the same great results! H&H 9months!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 years old and married the love of my life September of 2010. I was officially diagnosed a few months ago with a prolactin secreting pituitary ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.