Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Very Worried & scared, please HELP!
lupe1389 posted:
Im about 5 weeks pregnant, I went in to the ER last night and was told there was no fetal heart rate and that I would have a miscarriage. The Dr. didn't preform any test ,only an ultrasound. My OB said we had to wait and see. Im curious if anyone has gone thru something like this, and baby has still been ok?

orin34 responded:
Trust your OB......Wait and see.
My sister in law was told the SAME THING when she went in for an ultrasound.... she was told there was "no baby". 24 weeks later she felt some strange movement..... ummmmmm.... yeah, she was pregnant.... over halfway through her pregnancy. She had discounted any and all symptoms because they told her she wasn't pregnant (but she still 'felt pregnant').

Taylove11 responded:
((Hugs)) Hang in there! I know you have to be worried after being told that, but when I went in for my 1st appointment with my OB, they did an ultrasound to confirm that I was pregnant. I was 6 weeks when I went in. The u/s tech told me that the heart must have started beating that day or the day before. So if you were 5 weeks and you didn't see a heartbeat, don't worry too much. It may be too early to see it yet.

Also, did you know you were 5 weeks based off of your last period? It could be possible that you ovulated late in your cycle and may not be as far along as you thought. (I thought I was 8 weeks when I went in for that first ultrasound based off of my last period, but it turns out I was only 6 weeks because I ovulated late.) Hang in there. Tons of luck and best wishes!
Me(24), DH(31), DD (1-1/2), 2 fur babies. 2 on the way! EDD 12/7/2012. HR 104 BPM 4/5.

gnat01 responded:
I just had an U/S on Thursday morning @ 5wks 2days...fetal heart does not start beating until 6wks. Before my U/S my OB told me not to be expecting a heartbeat due to how early in the pregnancy I am. Don't freak out - listen to your OB! Stress is not good, so just try to relax :O) Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

31 years old, 2 beautiful kids already, 10yodd, 6yo ds. Divorced for 2.5 yrs, Engaged to the most amazing man in the world on oct 31st 2010. In the mi...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful