Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Slow fetal heart rate
livelaughmoe posted:
I am so scared, I havn't called my husband yet. I just got a call from the nurse, sharing that the heartbeat measures about a week behind (around 6 weeks and yesterday I should have been 7 weeks and 1 day). Supposed to be over 100, and it was 54. She is really unsure what is going on at this time, so they are going to repeat the ultrasound again next week, and will see the doctor afterwards. She said this could really go either way. I feel terrible. Anyone ever experience this? Should I be doing anything to prevent a miscarriage, or will nature just take its course. I feel like I need to go home and hibernate. Cassy Unexplained infertility TTC for 3 years IUI 5 BFP Due January 9th, 2013

BridgetBurke responded:
I am so sorry this is happening to you. I have never experienced this myself, but I do know that 1 week is not too bad. It is a good thing to hear the hb. It is quite possible that you are not as far along as you though. I would try to take it easy if possible (no spring cleaning, heavy lifting, and maybe take it easy on being intimate with DH until you go back to the doctor). I am sorry to say that if it happens there is nothing you can do to prevent it, just know that this is nothing that you caused. I pray that all turns out well for you. Please KUP. I am here (or on PAL) if you need to talk. (((HUGS)))

Zaysmama responded:
sorry to hear that things were as you expected! hopefully you are just a week behind and evrything checks out! I see this was posted a week ago so i'm curious to know of the updates from this weeks appt... hope you got some better news!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Lins (26) Mike (27) DD(4/17/12) TTC for 2 1/2 yrs...Clomid for 3 cycles. Miscarried @ 6wks on 2nd cycle & here we are again hoping all goes well :...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.