Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

OK a little confused and upset?
hmrm1020 posted:
[TRIGGER] I went to my dr today because last Saturday I got a +HPT and in the Dr office I got a +HPT but they did a transvaginal u/s and said there is a very very small sac(which he said is what you usually see around 5 weeks), but according to LMP I should be 7 weeks 6 days. He is sending me for blood work today and blood work again on Sunday, but I am so scared and nervous has anyone had this happen to them before and everything turn out ok.

The Dr did tell me it could be one of 3 things:

1) I ovulated later
2) tubal pregnancy or
3) non viable pregnancy.

I am devastated, even though I have 5 other happy and mostly healthy children I have NEVER had a miscarriage before or any other of these things the Dr said. Please any advice you would have I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry you are facing this! I know it must be very, very hard to wait for results.....I don't have any advice except to try and concentrate on your kids this weekend and seek out support from your husband and close friends.

I am sending (((hugs))) and positive vibes your way...

Haylen

babyj1017 responded:
Hi There.

I wanted to let you know I am in the same boat as you. I had an U/S last thursday and was measuring 5 wks 3 days. According to my LMP I should have been 7 wks 3 days. My doctors said the same thing with the exception of the possibility of the tubal... I would think they ruled out a tubal when they did the u/s.

I did blood work on Thursday and again this morning. I should get my results tomorrow. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I really can't believe I would be two weeks off. That means I would have gotten a positive pregnancy test two days after conception. I've also been experiencing some very light cramping the past two days... no spotting or bleeding, though.

I'm scheduled for another U/S on 6/12.

I"ve got my fingers crossed for both of us, hoping for some good news soon.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes.
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (5), DS (3), Newest Edition EDD 1/13/2013

hmrm1020 responded:
Ok I couldn't wait any longer I finally called my OB/GYN office and the nurse said the results were in and that the dr hasn't reviewed them yet, however she did tell me that my HCG levels have doubled and that my progesterone levels were .29 well of course I am not really sure what is going to happen now since those levels are low I am reading everywhere that they should be over 10 by now.
ME(33), DH (41), DD(11), DS(7), DD(5)our special angel, DS(2), DS(10mths), and possible EDD 1/12/13(keeping fingers crossed this one continues to grow).

hmrm1020 replied to babyj1017's response:
I will definitely keep you in my prayers and that you get some good news...I hope we both do. According to my LMP I am due 1/12/2013 so how ironic we are due within a day of each other and are having the same issues.
ME(33), DH (41), DD(11), DS(7), DD(5)our special angel, DS(2), DS(10mths), and possible EDD 1/12/13(keeping fingers crossed this one continues to grow).

Babyj1017 did you get your test results back yet? I have been keeping your bean and my bean in my prayers. I have a follow up appointment with my OB GYN on Friday for a repeat u/s because my progesterone levels are low but the dr didn't tell the nurse how low just said that the bloodwork is conflicting and that I should keep my follow up u/s appt.

babyj1017 replied to hmrm1020's response:
I got the results back a few hours ago. Sadly, my levels have started to fall, so it looks like this will be the end of our journey. This is my first miscarriage so I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but my OB seems confident I won't need surgery. I have an appointment with him next Tuesday.

Good luck to you, I hope you get some good news on Friday. I will keep you and your little one in my prayers. I'll check back on Friday for an update, so please keep me posted!!
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (5), DS (3), Newest Edition EDD 1/13/2013

I am so sorry to hear that...if this doesn't go well it will be my first mc also and I don't know what to expect either, however DH tried to make me feel better by saying that if this is something that I really want (this pregnancy wasn't planned) he said we could try again. I actually moved my appointment up to today at 415 because I have so many questions that the nurse couldn't answer and I am so scared and nervous.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29-year-old single woman. I found out on 9/4/09 that I was expecting a baby, and on 12/2/09, I found that it was a boy!!!! Talk about life-chan...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.