Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Fish oil
An_245798 posted:
Before I became pregnant I was taking Nature's Bounty Fish oil 1200 mg.
Now I am 4 weeks pregnant and want to know if I can keep taking this to get my Omega 3?
Thank you in advance for any information.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations!

A study from 2006 reported that mothers who take fish oil supplements during pregnancy may improve their baby's hand-eye coordination and boost brain development .

However, please do check with your doctor before taking fish oil or any other supplements while pregnant.

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months -

Haylen

p.s. And avoid eating fish with mercury . (Swordfish, tilefish, king mackerel, and shark)

pharyhart replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you very much for the information.

hopingforbaby2011 replied to pharyhart's response:
I was taking that same fish oil with my nature whatever prenatal (lol) until recently I switched to the prescribe prenatal with DHA in it

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 21 year old senior in college. I'm studying to be a Kindergarten teacher! What can I say? I love the little ones! I've been engaged ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.