Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

HcG Levels
katiels001 posted:
So I had a miscarriage last month, and then this month when my period was due and I did not get it I took a home pregnancy test. This came back positive. I have taken a few more and the line does not seem to be getting any darker. I called my doc today and since I miscarried they ordered a beta hcg blood test. I should be 5 weeks today and the number 2077. This seems extremely low to me from what I have been researching. Does anyone know if I could be miscarrying again? I haven't heard back from the doc for them to tell me if its too low, and I'm so worried I am going to have to go through the same thing as I did last month. Someone help!

light76 responded:
Hi,
That is a great number for 5 weeks pregnancy. I have miscarried twice in the past so I understand your worry about the numbers. But 2,077 is perfect. Also what actually matters is that the numbers should double in 48 hours. The intially numbers do not matter as long as they are very low which yours aren't.

Good luck

katiels001 replied to light76's response:
Thanks for the info! The doctor never called me back about my numbers, so I did not have a repeat in 48 hours. I have an actual appointment this tuesday so I'll see what they say then...I just hate waiting!

Mvh234 replied to katiels001's response:
Those numbers sound awesome. According to my LMP I should be 5 weeks but my blood test Monday showed 66 and Weds I was at 102. I think I ovulated late. Doctor said as long as the numbers are rising he's happy.

I'm on pins and needles. I go back Monday for one more blood draw. It's supposed to be tomorrow but we're going out of town tonight. After our MC last year, I just want to know everything is OK. I feel fine for now and tryingn to stay positive.

Keep us posted. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Sarah. I'm 24 and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 5 years. We have a 3 (will be 4 in Aug) Son and a 2 year old daughter...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.