Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Should I be worried?
Cowgirl6598 posted:
This is my first pregnancy. I am currently 9 1/2 weeks. I had my first doctors appointment at 8 weeks. They did not do an ultrasound, but the doctor tried to listen to a heartbeat with a doppler. He couldn't find one, but said that was normal since I was barely 8 weeks and he was not worried. I haven't really had any pregnancy symptoms - no morning sickness. Mild fatigue. In the beginning my breasts were a little tender but they aren't anymore, I also had mild cramping but that has also stopped too. I haven't had any spotting though. Like I said, this is my first pregnancy and I have absolutely no idea what to expect and am terrified of having a miscarriage.

I have only told my husband. We planned on waiting until I was 12 weeks to tell our families just because the risk of miscarriage is extremely lower. However, Father's day is next weekend, and I'm thinking that would be a good time to tell our families. It would be the first grandbaby on my side and my dad would be so excited. I will be 10 1/2 weeks at that time.

Am I stressing over nothing? My next appointment isn't until June 29 (12 weeks).

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations! It sounds like you are having a fairly symptom-free first trimester. I think Father's Day would be a great time to tell the family.

Fear of a miscarriage is very, very normal. Please take care of yourself - I found that prenatal yoga was great to calm me down and network with other scared moms!

Are you thinking of any special way to tell the family?

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi My Name is Tasha. And I live In Maryland. I have a 6 year Old Boy. Have been Married for two years and Many more to come. I work in H.R working tow...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful