Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Can you get too many vitamins
Anon_46 posted:
I eat a very healthy diet with lots of beans, leafy greens and other foods high in folic acid, vitamin A & C and protein. I am worried that the prenatal vitamins could give me too much of any of these nutrients. For example, I added up my folic acid intake from food yesterday and it came to over 500 mcg. The pill has 800 in it. My iron intake was at about 22 and the vitamin gives me 29. I've heard that it's bad to take too much folic acid, vitamin and and iron.

I'll ask my doctor when I see her next week, but I'm trying to decide if should limit my intake of the vitamin pills until then.

Let me know if you have any advice.

mendezwife responded:
Hello
You can not get too much when pregnant. Your body & baby will take what it needs from you & the rest will be discarded. Do not stop taking your vitamin! It sounds like you are eating very well & you are very concerned with what you eat. But dont stress yourself out, which it sounds like you are counting everything you eat. Just eat normal & remember you only need an extra 300 calories when prego.
So relax, take your vitamin & just enjoy your pregnancy & stop counting everything you put in your mouth. Your baby will take from you what it needs to be healthy & grow properly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29-year-old single woman. I found out on 9/4/09 that I was expecting a baby, and on 12/2/09, I found that it was a boy!!!! Talk about life-chan...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.