Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

6 weeks pregnant no heartbeat
Ty0924 posted:
I recently found out I was pregnant about a month ago when I went to the emergency room for something durring that time I couldn't be more than 3 weeks pregnant due to the fact I had a period 3 weeks before my visit the doctors immediately came under the assumption I could have a miscarriage because I was spotting 2 days before I came in the ER but I'm sure it was just implantation bleeding they did a ultra sound and doin the yolk sac but no fetal pole but I'm sure it's not visible at 3 weeks one week later I had more spotting that only happend when I wiped when I used the bathroom which was brown discharge they did a ultra sound and seen the fetus and she said she "think" she seen a heartbeat which was low I just went to my follow up appointment yesterday and they seen the fetus again but no heartbeat so now I'm under the impression I will miscarry but I have no cramps or continued bleeding should I wait to have a D&C to see if everything works out ? Help pleaseeee

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ty,

I'm sorry you are facing so much stress this early. It's impossible to diagnose what is happening with individuals - I urge you to check with your doctor and get a 2nd opinion if you need more information.

Please do ask your doctor what to expect moving forward!

Haylen

korin81 responded:
Lurking from 2nd Tri...

I agree that you should seek a second opinion. I was in out and out of the ER for HG and kidney stones when I was in my 1st Tri. They could not find a heartbeat either when I was 6 weeks. When I went in for my 11 week appt they could not pick it up on the doppler either. But a u/s showed a strong heartbeat. I would def wait just to be sure. Hope this helps and good luck.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

hmrm1020 responded:
I would definately wait to have a D&C done...I went in for my appointment and was told that there is a good chance my pregnancy will not go full term and I waited it out and the dr did several u/s and finally found a heartbeat, he told me my dates may have been off. IMO I would wait and I am glad I did.
ME(33), DH (41), DD(11), DS(7), DD(5)our special angel, DS(2), DS(10mths), and EDD 2/1/13(keeping fingers crossed this one continues to grow).

abh114 replied to hmrm1020's response:
I just found out I am pregnant. My husband and I have tried for 4 yrs. It still doesnt feel real. I am a little over 5 wks. I go back at 7 wks 4 days for an u/s. but im nervous bc I have been reading and alot of people have said they dont see the heart beat till 8 or 9 wks sometimes. I have been having cramping in my stomach and my lower back sometimes and that scares me......theres no bleeding just the cramping..is it normal????? any advice? THANKS

KaplanG replied to abh114's response:
It is normal. I was experiencing cramping too for a couple weeks, felt like menstrual cramps. as long as they do not become severe or come along with bleeding you are probably fine.

AmandaDanielleBrown responded:
actually experienced the same thing, the cramping they thought was an ectopic pregnancy, and i freaked out because no heart beat was found around 5 to 6 weeks, you actually cannot hear or see the heart until 8 weeks pregnancy i was told. so after 8 weeks check and see, and even then its the VERY beginning of being able to tell anything about the heart beat, worrying will cause you to more complications so really just try to stay calm and just stay updated by a doctor.

Divyanair responded:
Can you please let me know what happened in your case. Im going through exact same situation. Had slight spotting,had an u/s at 5 wks 5 days-they could see only sac.Again had slight spotting,u/s showed fetus with no heartbeat at 6 wks 4 days. Dr has asked me to wait for 10 days to see if i get miscarried naturally or else will do an u/s again before checking for a D&C.Also the doctor has asked me to stop taking Duphaston table which she prescribe when i got spotting first time. I have read that many people didnt find heartbeat at 6-7 weeks but later found.just being hopeful now..

MMstudent replied to Divyanair's response:
Good luck to you! Keep your chin up!

Ty0924 replied to Divyanair's response:
Hi unfourtanetly I did lose the baby I had a missed miscarraige and the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks I had a D & C on tuesday but in many cases things do turn out good at the end just wait a few more days/weeks and go get another ultrasound to be sure good luck with everything

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Ty0924's response:
(((hugs))) to you Ty!

If you have any questions moving forward, we have an excellent expert in the Trying To Conceive Community .

Haylen

Ty0924 responded:
Thank you everyone who commented on this post during the times I had questions about what's going on. I wish that things could have turned out good in my sittuation but everything happens for a reason and hopefully soon I can conceive again and give birth to a healthy baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24, and just found out i'm pregnant with my 3rd child....my oldest son is almost 3yr and my middle son is 1 1/2yr. My first son was planne...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.