Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Hypothyroidism and Pregnancy
An_246133 posted:
I recently ofund out I was pregnant. My hypothyroidism was making it dificult to ovulate for months. After regulating my TSH and T$ numbers, I ovulated and got pregnant within the first month. I have two questions/concerns.

First, would a TSH of 3.5 and Free T4 number of .78 be acceptable for early pregnancy? My dr. increased my dosage again, but concerned whether the fetus is devleoping properly. I know I'll find out during 14 week check up, but would love some advice to ease my mind while I wait.

My second concern is that the egg that was most likely ovulated has been sitting there for years, and probably months matured.

Do eggs get matured when you don't have enough of a fluctuation in hormones to ovulate, and hsould there be any concern about the age of the egg? I am 34. Will be 35 once the baby is born.

Thank so much-

Nicole

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
The best way to understand your TSH numbers in regards to your pregnancy is to talk with your doctor. I found that my doctors office was very responsive to questions between appointments. As I'm sure you know, it's important to have regular check ups for T4/TSH blood levels frequently to make sure you are taking the correct medication dose.

Egg quality is affected by your age. In 20s and early 30s, you should have a large number of good quality eggs - you will have a few inferior quality eggs, but the good should outweigh the bad.

Please check back in after your 14 week appointment - and congrats on your pregnancy!

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Cara and DB and I have been trying to conceive for over a year now and it's finaly happened. We are very excited yet a little nervous b...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.