Stressed Out, I didn't know i was pregnant and was drinking
An_246152 posted:
Hi I'm very stressed and worried. I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks. Before that I was drinking ONLY on the weekends but heavily like I would drink shots after shots of vodka! because I had a lot of events like weddings, birthdays, etc ... anyway, i took the pregnancy test several times and they all were negative so i continue drinking. however a few weeks ago i took another test and it was positive....as soon as i found out i was pregnant i totally stop drinking alcohol. Before that, i was taking regular vitamins and now i switched over to prenatal vitamins. I''ve been stressing myself. WIll this affect my baby?

hopingforbaby2011 responded:
You should be fine.. I know people who drank in the beginning.. You did what was best and stopped

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I can understand your concern! I'm glad that you've stopped and are taking vitamins. The potential effects of small amounts of alcohol on a developing baby are not well understood.

Here is an article with some information about drinking while pregnancy: Drinking alcohol during pregnancy

Be sure to be open and honest about your alcohol use with your doctor and try not to stress yourself out! Stress can have a negative effect on a developing baby - and a pregnant mommy!

Here's one of my favorite WebMD articles about stress reduction: Ten Relaxation Exercises to Reduce Stress On the Spot You might also check into a prenatal yoga class in your area - meeting other expecting moms is always fun.

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Haylen