Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Which Due Date Should I Go By?
Cowgirl6598 posted:
I had my 12 week appointment today and got to listen to the heartbeat Based on my last period, my doctor said my due date is January 9, 2012. So I should be 12 weeks 2 days today.
I was lucky enough today to get to have a sneak peak with an ultrasound! The ultrasound tech said I was 13 weeks 4 days which puts my due date at Dec 31... I don't go back to see my doctor for four more weeks. So can someone tell me how many weeks I am?

tbkittycat responded:
I would go by your period. It's possible the baby had a growth spurt right before the ultrasound. I had that happen. At one point I was measuring 1 week ahead but my ultrasounds after that were right on.

541sarahg responded:
Please go with the original due date. They probably won't change it anyways unless it's more than 2 weeks from your original due date (based on last cycle). Also, when you get to your 20 week ultrasound it will be more accurate, or so they say. As a mother to 8 children, and expecting our 9th, prepare yourself for the later due date. The last 2 weeks can be tough and if your baby comes 'early' (closer to the ultrasound date) then great, a wonderful 'suprise'.

Kae_M_Thompson13 responded:
Thats not always true. With my first baby they said due to my period shed be due april 22nd and so when we got the ultrasound to find out her gender we found out that her actual due date would be march 9th (she ended up being born on the eighth but thats besides the point) I'd say just wait til your next appointment and ask your doctor/ ultrasound tech for a confirmation. Thats what i had to do in the end.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to my best friend. We were married May 13, 2006. We have 4 boys, ages 4, 3, 2, and 7 months. We are now expecting out 5th baby in Feb. 20...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.