Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

How far along am I?
donnasamommie posted:
After 5 VERY long years of trying, I finally gave up three months ago. And yesterday I found out I was pregnant!
I need help figuring out how far along I am. I am VERY regular, with only one late period a year for the last 5 years. I had a period May 8th, it was 4 days late and it was 4 days long. June 9th, I was 4 days late again, but this time it was only one tampon worth of super light spotting. I chalked it up to: "This is it! I'm drying up!" As of yesterday I would have been 4 days late, if I'm counting that period, so I took a test and it's positive! So... my question is: Is the first day of my last period May 8th and the June 9th spotting is implantation bleeding? Or does the June 9th bleeding count as my last period and I'm only 4 weeks or so?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Good question!

The WebMD Due Date Calendar (located here: http://www.webmd.com/baby/healthtool-due-date-calculator ) says to estimate your due date, enter the date when your last
menstrual period began (the first day).

And congratulations!

Haylen

donnasamommie replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I know, but which date would you use? Would you use May 8th because you had a full period? Or would you use June 9th because you bled, even if just a little? Or is that really implantation bleeding? Is the timing even right for that?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother to a crazy 2 year old and pregnant with my second baby that is due in December. We live a crazy life of traveling every couple months...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.