Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Anybody have too much phlegm?
BeautifullyBlessed posted:
Hi ladies!

I was just wondering if anybody now has too much phlegm/mucus?

TMI...Every morning, I have to spit up and sometimes throw up phlegm and mucus...it comes from my throat and I have to blow my nose. For about 15-20 minutes in the morning and when I am hungry, I spit and gag up the phlegm and mucus.

It is sooo annoying. Does anybody know what causes this and how to stop it?
God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

beckie_33 responded:
Lurking from 2nd tri.

I have the same problem and I use the breathe right nasal strips and that seems to help with the stuffy nose. I'm not sure if there is much that can be done, it's just one of those wonderful pregnancy symptoms. Try adding an extra pillow so you are propped up more as you sleep. This should help the mucus drain down your throat into your tummy. It helps me.

Good luck.

BeautifullyBlessed replied to beckie_33's response:
Thanks for the tips!
God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first daughter while attending college, and with the help and support of my family I graduated from SDSU with my BA in Neuropsychology. I wor...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.