Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

inhaling burning plastic fume while pregnant
vino20 posted:
Hi there, I am 9 weeks along. Last night, I inhaled some fumes from burning plastic. It was the handle from a pot. I am sure it was burning for a while until we noticed the smell. Once we realized what was happening, we quickly opened the windows but the small lingered in the house for at least an hour. I tried to go upstairs and realized it was worse upstairs. I am sure while I was running around, I inhaled some of it as well. After opening all the windows, I stood in front of the window but was able to still smell it. What kind of harm this can bring to my babies? I am carrying twins. This isn't something I would want to experience ever again. terrified.

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Wow...can you believe I did the same thing the other day?!

I had a griddle with a handle in the oven...it is designed for the stove top, but the instructions say you can use it in the oven up to 450 degrees.

When I opened the oven, I strong ammonia-like smell hit me right in the face and went in my eye. It scared me and had me a little worried if it could've been potentially dangerous.

I'm calling the maker of the pot set to ask a few questions. I'll also bring it up at my dr's appt next week.

If you get an answer from your dr before then, let me know.
God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

tbkittycat responded:
You should be fine. Brief exposure to the fumes won't harm anything, it's prolonged exposure (days or weeks) that might cause problems.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Shannon and I'm pregnant with my 3rd- due December 8th, 2010. I'm 24 yrs old and engaged to the most awesome guy ever (I'm a ...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.