Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First Time Pregnancy with PCOS
An_246739 posted:
So I went to the ER this morning because of some extreme pain that I thought was due to kidney stones and the ER doctor informed me that the blood in the urine indicates I do have a kidney stone but that he couldn't do the CT because I'm pregnant. I had no clue that I was pregnant even though my fiance and I have been trying for over a year. Last year I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and my OB placed me on metformin. I didn't think it was working because my periods were still fairly irregular and I just started bleeding again yesterday before I had the test at the hospital. Now I'm worried that something is wrong with the pregnancy and the ER doctor told me to talk to my OB. But of course their office closed at 12:30 this afternoon and I slept in because I was us for about 36 hours from Monday evening until this morning. Has anyone else with PCOS had issues with bleeding during pregnancy?

tbkittycat responded:
Bleeding in early pregnancy is common. As long as it isn't heavy and accompanied by severe cramping, you should be fine. Be sure to call your doctor as soon as you can though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Erica, I'm 24. I've been married to DH, 28, since 11/1/09. We conceived our first child pretty much on the first try (1/1/10). Got ...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.