Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

worried
nikkaroo1000 posted:
I just found out i am pregnant and i have had children and miscarriages....i am spotting but it is like a brownish discharge...should I be worried?

light76 responded:
Hi, I had bright red bleeding at 6weeks 2days. I called the doctor and she did an ultrasound where we heard the baby's heartbeat. I am now 30 weeks pregnant. My sister had spotting with both of her pregnancies and carried to full term. Spotting is very common in the 1st trimester.you call your doctor and ler her know about it though. Good luck.

nikkaroo1000 replied to light76's response:
I have had some bright red bleeding and cramping and pain on one side which everyone is saying is normal. I made a doctors appointment but it always takes forever to get in. I'm a bartender and it seems to get worse when I'm working.

butterflygirl_530 replied to nikkaroo1000's response:
I would say call you dr and let them know what is going on. It's better to be safe then sorry. It may be normal but I would still rather hear it from my dr. HTH

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi nikkaroo -

About 25% of pregnant women experience slight bleeding during their first trimester . Early in the pregnancy, light spotting may be a sign that the fertilized embryo has implanted in the uterus. However, if you have significant bleeding, cramping, or sharp pain in your abdomen, call your doctor.

Haylen

nikkaroo1000 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
They are telling me that I miscarried bc my hcg levels dropped by half.....but I still just have light bleeding and cramping and I haven't passed any tissue or anything....I have miscarried before...so I know the drill. I just don't get it. It's been 2 weeks and I can't see the doc till the 22nd.

tbkittycat replied to nikkaroo1000's response:
If you weren't very far along, your body may have just absorbed everything.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to nikkaroo1000's response:
I'm so sorry nikkaroo...(((hugs))) to you -

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Gina. I am 29 years old and this is my first pregnancy and soon-2-be baby. HE or SHE is expected to make their grand entrance on February 1...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.