Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First trimester pregnancy with RLS - need help!!!
Jeweldino posted:
I am in my first trimester and I suffer from severe RLS. I've been told it's my decision and risk to continue taking mirapex. There are no other options. Is there anyone who has experienced this? Any advise or information would be very appreciated.

An_242764 responded:
Have you talked to your doctor about it? I would also check online to find out the risks. Maybe you can switch to a different medication that has less risks.

I'm on meds for depression and I had to weigh the risks for me and baby. I ended up cutting back on the dose.

Do some research and try to find a solution that works for you.

Jeweldino replied to An_242764's response:
Thanks. Yes, I have talked to my doctors and no one is comfortable saying yes take or no don't. They prefer I don't for at least the first trimester. There is NO other medicine they feel comfortable prescribing. I was told to try up to 400mg. of magnesium and using hot or cold packs on my legs at night. The first couple nights weren't so bad but I have been slowly cutting back on the mirapex so each night gets a little worse. I have researched a lot and not able to find much which is why I posted something here. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!!!

beckie_33 replied to Jeweldino's response:
I have a mild case of RLS and I have insomnia. I take Trazodone at night to help me sleep. Talking with my doctor I was told that the trazodone is ok to take during pregnancy and the problem i'd have is withdrawl symptoms the baby will have after he's born. But the symptoms are less if I breastfeed because the baby is still getting some of the meds through the breast milk and then I can slowly take myself off the meds and the baby should be fine.

Maybe you can try Trazodone and see if that helps.

Jeweldino replied to beckie_33's response:
Thanks, I will def. bring that up at my next appointment. I appreciate your input!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Chasity and I am married to a wonderful man named James. I have four children and one on the way. Here are their names and dates of birth....More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.