Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

New here and looking for some advice...
An_247451 posted:
Hi I just found out that im about 5 weeks pregnant. I am super excited and nervous. I had one pregnancy before this that ended in disaster. I really want to make sure I do everything right for this baby. I have a few concerns and was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.
  • I am never hungry. What can I do to change this. I need to eat but can never seem to eat enough it seems. Any suggestions?
  • How many glasses of water am I suppose to drink 8 8oz glasses or 12 8oz glasses?
  • Anyone got any good methods to get some sleep? I havent been getting any for the past few nights.
Well I really appreciate any advice or help. I hope to stay in this community for a lot longer this time!

beckie_33 responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri.

Try eating 6 small meals through out the day and not 3 large meals. If you are dealing with morning sickness this might help. Be sure to not let your stomach get empty because that can make you feel more sick.

Drink as much water as you can. Normally it's 8, 8 oz glasses of water but since you are pregnant you need more than that. Drinking plenty of water will help with the swelling you are likely to get later in pregnancy and it also helps with constipation.

Try relaxation technics to help you relax. Try to find which positions work for you. Tummy, left, right side, Etc and maybe add an extra pillow or two to prop you up. That will help with the stuffy nose that comes with being pregnant.

Sleep is hard to get in pregnancy because you just can't get comfortable and the bigger you get the worse it gets and having to get up several times to pee doesn't help. Some nights I have to sleep in a recliner. You can also try drinking some warm milk before going to bed. Milk has tryptophan which has been used as a sleep aid.

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
The hunger thing may change at about 8 weeks. For me, everything felt normal...then when I hit 8 weeks extreme hunger kicked in. I was even up in the middle of the night having to eat. That wasn't fun at all! It got back to normal at about 12 weeks.

I try to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day, but I only make it to about 6 glasses. I agree with the previous post though.

As far as sleep goes, maybe you can try white noise, low music, reading before sleep...every situation is different and knowing the reason you're not able to sleep plays a significant role on finding a solution.

I hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy and baby.
God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Hope and I am 30. My husband is James and he is 34. We have been trying to conceive since Sept. 09. The last two cycles I was on ovu...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful