Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Night time cramps?
lindsaaayerin posted:
Hello. I only realized I'm pregnant a few days ago, so I have no idea how far along I am, but I've been getting cramps in the middle of the night for over a week. They were manageable, only lasting about 5 minutes and not too bad. I read that it's normal. But last night I experienced the worst cramps I have ever had, it was the worst pain I have ever felt. It lasted about ten minutes, then went away as quickly as it started. I have no bleeding at all, no spotting. But I keep remembering the pain and feeling really scared it could be eptopic or something. Has anyone else experienced this and found it to be nothing? I called my doctor an hour ago to ask her about it, but nobody picked up the phone so I'm waiting to hear back from her. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here while I wait. I feel fine right now and never have cramps during the day, just during the night! I'm only concerned since it was SO bad last night...

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
somewhere around 10-13 weeks I have bad cramps for about 2 minutes. It shocked me and it did hurt, but I'm not sure if yours was worse than mine.

You did right by calling the doctor. Most likely everything is ok.

Congrats!!!
God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

lindsaaayerin replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Thanks. I actually ended up going to the hospital because I was so scared about it. They told me that most likely I have a normal pregnancy, but I need to be on bed rest for a few days and then go back to check my HCG level again. The doctor said there's a chance it's the beginning of a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy (yikes). I'm gonna hang in and just rest and hope for the best. I am the QUEEN of worry, so it's going to be hard to stay relaxed.

I had an ultrasound while there but it was too early to see anything! Booo. This is why we're monitoring my levels.

I'll come back and post whatever ends up happening, just in case people stumble onto this and are curious. I hate when I find people talking about their issues, and then they never update it so you don't know what happened haha.

aka85 replied to lindsaaayerin's response:
How are you feeling? Hope everything is going well, and you are ok!
-Alison
(DS born 10/29/10) ~ Expecting 2, BFP 8/7/12 EDD (haven't had 1st appt yet)

lindsaaayerin replied to aka85's response:
I had a miscarriage last week. Had to get a d&c. I'm very sad. I don't know if those cramps had anything to do with it...But I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 30 years old - DH 32. We have been together for 12 years. Parents to a handsome baby boy born 7/31/11 and to a beautiful baby girl born 7/18/2012. ...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.