Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

So many variables... Help?
KP1985 posted:
  • *I just posted this on the "Am I Pregnant" board - but I remember this one being more active. Sorry for the duplicate!

It's a long story, and I have a good reason for posting instead of calling my doctor - I recently moved to Spain and my Spanish is not good enough yet to call anyone here. [br>[br>First of all, I am/was on birth control. It's called Donabel, and it's like ortho-tri-cyclen. [br>[br>I had to get my wisdom tooth (yes, I only had one) out so I started antibiotics last Wednesday (this was at the end of my second week of pills). I think my husband and I might have "had relations" once before we remembered that bc and antibiotics don't mix. Anyway, Friday I had my tooth out and started bleeding. I had a very, very light and short period (about 4 days long, with very little bleeding) starting on Friday right after my surgery. [br>[br>But I have been feeling symptoms like pregnancy symptoms all week. Super tired, really emotional, over-sensitive breasts, constipation, cravings, heartburn, discharge...[br>[br>My husband has gone downtown to see if he can find an open pharmacy to buy a test, but I wanted to see if anyone here had advice or wisdom for me. [br>[br>Thanks!

aka85 responded:
    Well, a period is a period, light or not. You can have spotting and be pregnant, but if you think it was a light period, I'd say you're safe. Some people say they experienced "implantation bleeding", but I've never known anyone personally who experienced this. Not sure when your last period was, but it sounds too early to test. I really think you're ok though. Good luck! Update when you find out!
    -Alison
    (DS born 10/29/10) ~ Expecting 2, BFP 8/7/12 EDD (haven't had 1st appt yet)

Spotlight: Member Stories

26, living with wonderful BF (33) of two years. Taking a break right now to let my body get back to normal after a m/c at 7wks.

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
    have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.