Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

not aving sex
An_245000 posted:
since i got pregnant, i have never had sex again till now, am 25 weeks, my question is wil i not av any side effect on me or the baby and can i av the baby through normal delivery cos i dont want c-s! what r the possible options for me, thanks

beckie_33 responded:
Having sex during pregnancy is not harmful to you or the baby in any way. The baby is protected by the sac of fluid and and the mucus plug. And it won't affect how you deliver your baby.

If it's painful for you try a different position. As you get bigger you're not going to want to be lying on your back or in the missionary position.

Sometimes doctors will tell you to refrain from having sex because of other problems that could cause to you go into preterm labor.

If your doctor say's it's fine to have sex then enjoy it while you can because after baby is born you are going to be tired and exausted and might not have time for sex.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there!

Great information from Beckie, especially the part about being tired and exhausted once your baby arrives

Here's an article with more information that you might find helpful including having sex comfortably, communicating with your partner, sexual desire changes and breastfeeding and pregnancy:

Sex During Pregnancy

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jessica. I am engaged to my wonderful Fiance, Joe. We have been together for two and a half years and this is our 2nd pregnancy. We suffere...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.