Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Talk me down, girls, I'm freakin out here (OCD mama)
cg_75 posted:
Ok, so I had an abdominal u/s this morning and as I expected, saw nothing but what might have been a gestational sac. The tech was confident, but I am NOT. I don't go in for a vaginal for 2 more days. He dated me at 3 wks 4 days. I don't know but my LMP was Aug 15. He did say that the abdominals can be off by quite a bit. But now I'm freaking out because I'm scared when I get there on Wed. they're either not gonna see anything or they're gonna find it in a tube, like last time. Although last time, I didn't have a positive HPT (I had 3 last week that were very definitely positive) and I started cramping and bleeding by this point last time. None of that this time. So I know it's probably going to be fine and on Wed. I will see a sac waiting for a tadpole, but that's hard to really convince myself of.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Take a deep breath cg!

Freaking out won't help, although I think it's entirely appropriate!

One of my favorite resources on WebMD is this article: Blissing Out: 10 Relaxation Techniques To Reduce Stress On-the-Spot

Although not specific to pregnancy anxiety, there are some good tools that I frequently use!

Please let us know how it goes on Wednesday and (((Hugs))) to you!

Haylen

cg_75 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks! I know it's probably fine. I was this way with my first, and he's perfect.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to cg_75's response:
You have a perfect kid?! Give me some tips, cause my 7 year old won't listen to me and my 4 year old just painted her door with red nail polish - ha, ha. I hope you are able to take some deep breaths before Wednesday

How old is your first? We have some great Parenting Communities here with supportive, smart and funny moms. Let me know and I'll point you to the right one!

Haylen

Haylen

cg_75 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
He's 8, and while he's perfectly healthy, I'm fairly certain Dr. Dobson wrote "The Strong-Willed Child" prophetically about my son!!

I have had absolutely no reason to suspect anything is wrong, other than the fact that I had an ectopic 4 years ago. I'm sure it's fine; I'm only 4 wks 5 days by my LMP so of course an abdominal u/s wouldn't see anything (so says logic to my perfectly illogical and neurotic brain).

Spotlight: Member Stories

Living in NC, with DH, DD (8) and our super dog. Im 38 and hubby is 42... Who'da thunk we would be able to do it again??? Without trying?!?!?!?

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.