Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Pregnancy Second Thoughts
chelseawoolbright posted:
Hi All!
I'm new to this community.
I found out this week my husband and I are pregnant with our first. I go Tuesday to see how far along I am.

We were really planning on waiting a few more years (I'm 21 and he's 22) before taking this step but when we found out, I just couldn't say no to the ecstatic look on his face.

Honestly the day I found out, I had an appointment to get Paragard and was filling out the paperwork, stop and thought "Oh No" when I was prompted date of last cycle...

Anyways, I go in and out of "Couldn't be Happier!" and scared thinking it's too early for us. I know there's never a "perfect" time to have a child (what with finances, etc) but I'm still wondering if I'll ever regret having a kid so young. I don't want to feel like my young and free lifestyle is over, but it is! Were you in mourning? Will I get over this? It's selfish I know but I'm not exactly looking forward to the coming months especially since I've already had crazy symptoms.

AND... Okay... Confession... I don't think babies are cute. I don't usually hold them, I think they always smell like Cheerio's, and they kind of brainwash you what with the hormones, live off you parasitically for (almost) the rest of your life.

Will I get away from this mindset? Raising a child that is a little version of my husband makes me very happy to think about and giving him the best gift I could ever give is everything I want to do, I just want to make sure I can get over my instictive anti-babiness in time for it to come.

Can anyone relate?

HELP!

Take the Poll

Were you 100 ung-ho when you found out you were pregnant with your first child?
  • Yes!!
  • Not at first
  • On and off
  • Not until baby came
  • Still have regrets
vote
View Poll Results

beckie_33 responded:
I wasn't doing anything to prevent pregnancy but I wasn't the happiest when I found out and it was on Valentine's day. My boyfriend was very excited and still is and I only have aprox. a month left. And I am not as young as you are. I've always wanted to be a mommy and I should have been excited to find out that I was pregnant but I wasn't and i'm still not excited.

I think most of my fears came from the fact that I come from a very religious family and sex before marriage is frowned on. I didn't want to tell my mom because of how she would react.

I still don't know how I feel about having a baby and i've had lots of experience with babies since I'm the 2nd youngest of 9 kids and have many nieces and nephews.

Everyone tells me that my feelings will change once I hold my baby in my arms. Some women fall in love with their baby while pregnant, some after the birth and some it takes weeks/months after the baby is born.

chelseawoolbright replied to beckie_33's response:
Good to know I'm not the only one thinking this. Also good to hear some women fall in love wiht their baby after birth, hopefully it's this way with me.

I feel for you with your family situation, the husband's family is VERY catholic so he went through that. Luckily now, both our parents are crazy ecstatic.

Best of luck to your last month!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm still having pregnancy 2nd thoughts and my daughters are 4 and 7!

But, on a serious note, your feelings are not unusual and may be intensified because you're having mood swings that come with all that other fun first tri body changes.

I can't say that you will ever get used to the wet baby smell of cheerios but it sure changed for me when the smell was from a little bundle of joy that looked at me with pure love

I hope all of you are feeling healthy! Put up some profile photos ladies

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello Everyone!! My name is Sarah, I am 20 years old. Married the man of my dreams ( :D ) on August 6th 2011. My husbands name is Noah he is 25, he is...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.