Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

6 weeks bleeding and no heartbeat.
BrittanyDarling posted:
Okay i went to er with spotting, they told me i was without a doubt miscarring, i went to see a doctor four days latter for a blood pregnancy test, my hcg levels rose but not as much as they should have, then i took another blood pregnancy test eight days latter still rising, i had and ultrasound and the said i was 5 weeks and 5 days. two days latter i cstarted bleeding alot with some clots, dr did an ultra sound same day saying i was six weeks four days with no heartbeat still. ( by the way i was told i have a hemrage sac that i should loose, which explained my brown discharge i have had for a few days. ) doctor says hes almost 100 percent sure that i am miscarring and need to schedule a d and c.

opinions please. i dont know what to do. or how to feel.
they are calling me tomorrow with results from another blood pregnancy test and will want an answer..

Take the Poll

6 weeks bleeding and no heartbeat.
  • is this normal?
  • help?
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
By 6 weeks, they whould be able to at least see a heartbeat on a transvaginal ultrasound. Couple that with the bleeding and it sounds like a miscarriage.

KLN777 responded:
I'm so sorry of what you're going through. I went through a similar situation a few years ago. It is likely you're miscarrying, but if you want to see how it goes, your body will take care of it without a d&c in most cases. You can let your body handle it and they can check you with another ultrasound in a few weeks to make sure everything looks like it should. I did not have a d&c. I was holding on to hope from the numbers that still rose, but my body did what it had to. I hope your situation is different, but that was my experience. If you need someone, feel free to message me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - My name is Becky and I have been married to my wonderful husband since Jan 2003. We were married young (23) so we wanted to wait a while...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.