Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

6 weeks bleeding and no heartbeat.
BrittanyDarling posted:
Okay i went to er with spotting, they told me i was without a doubt miscarring, i went to see a doctor four days latter for a blood pregnancy test, my hcg levels rose but not as much as they should have, then i took another blood pregnancy test eight days latter still rising, i had and ultrasound and the said i was 5 weeks and 5 days. two days latter i cstarted bleeding alot with some clots, dr did an ultra sound same day saying i was six weeks four days with no heartbeat still. ( by the way i was told i have a hemrage sac that i should loose, which explained my brown discharge i have had for a few days. ) doctor says hes almost 100 percent sure that i am miscarring and need to schedule a d and c.

opinions please. i dont know what to do. or how to feel.
they are calling me tomorrow with results from another blood pregnancy test and will want an answer..

Take the Poll

6 weeks bleeding and no heartbeat.
  • is this normal?
  • help?
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
By 6 weeks, they whould be able to at least see a heartbeat on a transvaginal ultrasound. Couple that with the bleeding and it sounds like a miscarriage.

KLN777 responded:
I'm so sorry of what you're going through. I went through a similar situation a few years ago. It is likely you're miscarrying, but if you want to see how it goes, your body will take care of it without a d&c in most cases. You can let your body handle it and they can check you with another ultrasound in a few weeks to make sure everything looks like it should. I did not have a d&c. I was holding on to hope from the numbers that still rose, but my body did what it had to. I hope your situation is different, but that was my experience. If you need someone, feel free to message me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My Name is Diana and I live in Charleston, SC. We are pregnant with our third child. I have two girls ages 10 and 5. We are really hoping for a bo...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful