Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

New, excited and scared
vybe77 posted:
I everyone, this is my 1st time on the pregnancy 1st trimester boards..I'm from TTCAL and PAL but the PAL boards are pretty much dead most of the time so here I am introducing myself
I am a mom of 4 hoping for one more and in the past 15 months this is now my third pregnancy. I found out I was pregnant July 2011 only to m/c 1 week later..I then conceived again in Jan. and found out about it in Feb. only to start spotting a few weeks later..after many Dr's appts. I ended up m/c in March..
This new pregnancy was a surprise as my SO and I just separated in July but we are overjoyed at the news..
I am currently 5w3d and I am really, really hoping for a sticky bean this time.
Prayers needed, please and thank you

KLN777 responded:
Congratulations! Glad to have you here. I am so sorry for all of the loss you have suffered. I had one m/c and that was more than enough. I will certainly be praying that this time is different for you! When are you due?

vybe77 replied to KLN777's response:
I am due June 17th according to LMP..
Since posting yesterday I have actually started to worry a whole lot about whether the baby is ok or not because although I am only 5 weeks along I seem to have no symptoms..
After confirming on Saturday I seemed to start feeling the pregnancy, constipation, slight back pain and breast/nipple tenderness but in the last 48 hrs all the symptoms seem to have faded away..I was also peeing a little more often and to day I seem to just be me..meaning no frequent urination, tummy feels completely normal (as prior to the pregnancy)..
I know I may be over reacting but I am so, so scared to go through another loss..
I am also afraid of seeing the Dr. for fear that I will be told that there is something wrong..

KLN777 replied to vybe77's response:
If it makes you feel better, my symptoms change from day to day, too. I am right with you, due June 22. When does your dr have you scheduled for a u/s? Risk of m/c drops to 3-5% after a heartbeat is seen on the u/s. I know for sure it's a lot easier to say relax than it is to do it, but definitely try. That is the best thing you can do for the baby. I will keep praying for you. Keep me posted.

tlkittycat1968 replied to vybe77's response:
With my first pregnancy, my symptoms didn't kick in until I was 6 weeks and with my second, I was 5 1/2 weeks whent he symptoms kicked in.

Also, symptoms can change from day to day and some women either don't get any or get very few symptoms. There's a regular poster on WebMD who had no symptoms when she was pregnant with twins.

vybe77 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thank you ladies for these words of encouragement..I know I must sound like a basket case but after two losses I am thinking that maybe I am cursed (lol)
I am scheduled for my 1st OB appt. on Nov. 6th but I do not think there will be an u/s scheduled..the OB office where I go don't do in office u/s..you need to be sent to the hospital with a pre-set appt. and form so I really don't think there will be anything like that happening..they did move up my appt. since we usually don't get seen until the 10th week but because of the previous losses they are seeing me at 8 weeks..
If I want peace of mind I really have to go into the ER and ask them to check things out for me..
For the other losses I started spotting at 6w (1st loss) and 6 1/2w (2nd loss)..I will be 6w on Monday so I will take you ladies advice and try to remain calm until then..not easy to do though..
KLN777-Due date buddies!! I hope I get to follow this journey with you..have you had an u/s, OB appt yet?

Are you doing any better? Any more relaxed? I thought I had posted to you yesterday,but it's not here.i was praying for you yesterday morning and came across Psalm 20. It might be encouraging for you so I wanted to share. Still praying! Hope all is well!

Hey again

Thank you for your prayers, they mean so much to me..not much to report except I still feel like something is off..most of the time I just don't feel pregnant..I still have been feeling tired, enough to go to bed at 8:30pm last night and today I think I was moody since my SO told me so..
No spotting or bleeding thought and my cervix feels high so that is good..I will be 6w tomorrow (Mon) so fingers crossed that there is no repeat of the last two pregnancies..
I have been holding off on going to the ER because it is possible to not see anything in the sac prior to 6w and even at 6w you sometimes don't see anything and I think that would freak me out more..
For my last loss, I had an u/s at 6w and the sac was empty.. we didn't see the fetal pole until 8w where there was unfortunately no heartbeat and I then m/c a couple days later..
But enough about me, how are you feeling? How far along are you now?

Tired and moody? You sound pregnant to me! I def agree that going to the ER for an u/s too early will likely stress you out more. My midwife told me not to go for my u/s she ordered before 7 wks so that the will def be a HB. Hold out one more week and then check it out? Are you having any luck relaxing at all? My m/c was at 8.5 weeks. I definitely understand holding your breath. That u/s without the HB is the worst thing I have ever seen. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I cried every time I saw her HB on the u/s. I'm think the techs thought I was nuts.

I'm doing well. Nausea and heartburn are slowing me down a bit. I was majorly sick with my daughter. I have hyperemesis gravidarum and ended up in the ER a few times for IV fluids and meds bc I couldn't keep anything down for days at a time. It really kicked in at 6 weeks. I'm hoping it won't be as bad this time around, but I think getting sick is inevitable for me. For now, I'm keeping food down and tums, too. And keeping my fingers crossed that I stay out of the ER.

I will keep praying for you and I hope you get through this week with ease!

Here's another tidbit for you..
I run an at home daycare so today for lunch we were reheating home made italian spagetti..I went in the fridge, grabbed the container, got to the counter, opened the container and the smell assaulted me like it never has before..I gagged and ran for the bathroom and kept gagging for awhile..I guess this is a good sign..right now and for the last few hrs I've been crampy and this scares me but I keep repeating that everything will be fine..I have so many people praying for me right now there is no way things will go wrong!!

Hooray for being sick! I have cramps sometimes, too, and did with my daughter, also. I think it's just from the uterus starting to slowly grow. I don't think it's an issue unless it's reall, really bad or accompanied by bleeding. The doctors told me when I was pregnant with my daughter that bad nausea (and eve vomiting) is a great sign when you're pregnant following a m/c. I think there is a healthy, growing baby in there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Courtney and my DH is Brad. I am 29 and my husband is 30. We have one beautiful little girl named Peyton who was born 12/20/08 and another ...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.