Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First Time, excited and scared at the same time!
Parul posted:
Hello Everyone,

My name is Parul and this is my first pregnancy. I found out on the 16th October that I am pregnant. We started trying a month ago and so I am still trying to adjust with the idea of being pregnant. My family are either in India and China and even though I live with my fiance. I still being close to my family right now.
I am struggling with nausea, feeling light headed and tired from last two days. I am getting Zofran this evening. I am hoping I can get some tips on what to eat, what not to eat and other do's and don'ts by the fellow group members.
Looking forward to experience this beautiful time together with you all!

Love and Peace,
Parul

KLN777 responded:
Hi Parul, It must be really hard to be so far from your family at such an important time in your life. One thing I can tell you is that it may be a good thing once the baby comes. My husband was in the military when our daughter was born and our families were hundreds of miles away. When she was born, we really had to lean on each other for support. It really made our relationship so much stronger. We didn't have my mom or his mom telling us how we should care for our baby. We figured it out for ourselves and found what worked for our family. I hope you and your fiancée have a similar experience together. It really brought us so much closer.

As far as do's and don't's, alcohol and other drugs are the biggest no nos. Also any pain relievers besides Tylenol (or other brands of acetomeniphen). Caffeine is also pretty much off limits. If you check out americanpregnancy.org, they have a lot of good info, including the best info on fish in pregnancy that I have seen anywhere. For the most part, take your prenatals, find a doctor you like, shop for some cute maternity clothes and baby stuff, and enjoy yourself!

Glad you're here! Happy pregnancy!

Karen

KLN777 responded:
Also, I hope you feel better very soon! The nausea usually ends around the beginning of the second trimester, although I know that's little comfort now. Take care!

Parul replied to KLN777's response:
Karen, thanks a lot for your kind words and great info you provided. Happy pregnancy to you too.

KLN777 replied to Parul's response:
Hi Parul, Just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling. Nausea getting better at all? Hope you're doing well!

Hi Karen, got zofran but its still hard to manage my nausea and seems like today stomach cramps are also getting worse. I have been very tired lately and not able to sleep through night completely either because of need to use restroom or just discomfort. Hopefully, after seeing the baby in ultrasound in few days will give me more motivation and strength to go through this. How have you been?

Yikes, it seems like you're getting a big, fat welcome to pregnancy. What day is you ultrasound? That really should help. When are you due? Heads up, if you're less than 8 weeks, the baby looks more like some strange creature than a human baby. But it is still exciting! If your cramping gets too bad, be sure to check in with your doctor.

I'm doing pretty well for now. Battling a bit of nausea and heart burn. With my daughter, I got crazy sick around 6 weeks and it lasted until 12 weeks, so I'm crossing my fingers that I don't start getting super sick this weekend. For now, I'm pretty ok. I've found that sucking on peppermint drops that contain actual peppermint oil helps with the nausea a bit. Hope you get to feeling better and sleeping more very soon!

Hi Karen,

I Hope you feel better. I am still struggling with nausea but some days are better than others. Sorry about the late response work keeps me busy and then all I do is sleep as soon as I get home.
My first appointment is not until 21st of next month. Which is little irritating because I would have liked to see the baby sooner. But I am sure the wait will be worth it.
How about you? When is your ultrasound?
Sending good thoughts your way.
Love,
Parul

Hi Parul,

I'm doing well. I didn't end up getting sick this weekend, so I'm hoping to be dodging that bullet this time around. The heart burn is still hanging around, but Tums seem to help. We are taking our daughter to Disney World next week (one big family trip while it's still just the 3 of us) and I'm hoping my luck holds out and I don't get sick there. Hoping not to be the first person ever to get sick on the Dumbo flying elephants ride.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time being sick and tired all the time. The second trimester is usually better, so hang on! That stinks your first appt is so far away. I have an ultrasound on Thursday this week, first thing in the morning. Really excited about it. I will have the actual appointment with the midwife on the 13th, after we get back from FL. In good news, the longer you wait for your ultrasound, the more likely your baby will look human. Mine probably won't this time. A book I have that I really like is "Your Pregnancy Week by Week." It has pics of the baby for each week and gives good info about size and stuff. Maybe getting that and looking at the pics each week will help get you to your ultrasound. Hope you start feeling better soon! Take care of yourself!

Karen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 32. I've been a middle school teacher for 10 years. I love, love, love that age though I know they can terrorize. I got married in October...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.