Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Wish me luck..
vybe77 posted:
Ok ladies so I'm here to get as much positive energy as I can gather before I go in to my OB tomorrow..I called in yesterday and voiced my fears over the almost non-existent symptoms and the fact that this is my third pregnancy in 15 months and the receptionist was surprised that the OB had not wanted to bring me in any sooner than the original 8w appt. so they scheduled me in for tomorrow at 1pm..I will not be seeing my OB but just a general one that is on call but as long as there is someone there to listen to me and send me for the necessary tests that is all I care about..
I plan on asking them to test me for hormone levels (which the receptionist said they would do) and also about the possibility of thyroid issues..my mom had an operation for hers..I don't remember why the operation occurred but I will be asking my mom tonight when I can reach her..I also want them to take a look at my throat, which has been killing me for the past few nights..noticed some red bumps on it this morning so I'm hoping it's nothing dangerous..
Although I've been wanting to go in I am extremely nervous about the results..
Wish me luck ladies..

missashley1010 responded:
I wish you lots of luck!!! Tell them what you would like them to do to make you feel more comfortable about your pregnancy its the least they can do. I demanded my levels to be done and so they did it. Have fun tomorrow! Keep your head up mama

KLN777 responded:
I will keep praying for you! I'm glad you're being seen. Let us know what they say when you get home! Hug!

vybe77 replied to KLN777's response:
So I went in to my appt today and was pleasantly surprised by a lot of things..
The first one being that they took me in ahead of time and the on call OB was super nice..he was very receptive to my complaints and worries..at some point during the appt. he told me he would go talk with his colleague and would be back soon..and when he came back I got to meet my new OB (the one I have my first appt. with in two weeks) and I simply love her!! She is so pro-active..she is sending me for a whole bunch of tests from thryroid to diabetes and also this thing called disease #5 and she also suggested we do the preliminary blood work now for my first appt.
She gave me a prescription for progesterone suppositories and told me it can't hurt to use them..she also is calling in an u/s so we can date the pregnancy but she will be calling me back with the date of this appt. (as they don't do u/s directly at the OB's office)..she doesn't think I am in any imminent danger of m/c since there is no bleeding or cramping but this time if something does go wrong she says we will check to try and find out what and why..I just simply adore her!!
So I will be going in early tomorrow morning for the blood work (including an HCG count) but I won't have the results of that until Monday and then of course I will have to do a repeat again on Monday but just meeting with her has left me feeling less worried and stressed..
And to top this all off I woke up feeling nauseous this morning and got sick (well dry sick) and I've had a bad headache following me all day..
Seems like things are going in the right direction!!
Thank you ladies for your continued support and prayers

KLN777 replied to vybe77's response:
I'm so happy to hear that! I'm actually on the verge of tears. (Pregnancy hormones...) Keep is posted on the results of everything. I will keep praying for you and your baby, but I have every confidence that we'll be competing to be the first to deliver in June. Take care f yourself and that little one!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'M 23 YO AND RECENTLY MARRIED (8-21-10) AND MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TRYING FOR OUR FIRST CHILD!! WELL I'M HOPING, HE'S JUST TRYING LOL

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.