Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Need Advice
Shortcake88 posted:
Hi guys, congrats to start off to all you lucky ladies to be in the first trimester! I am currently waiting to test this week to see if I'll be joining you in here. I am mostly coming to ask for advice right now. Is there anyone in here that got pregnant with having an IUD?? I currently have had my IUD/Paragaurd in for a year (Sept-Oct 2011) after I had my second daughter in Sept 2011. I am scared to even find out if I am pregnant or not. Only because I'm afraid of a tubal pregnancy or miscarriage. My HCG levels are very weird and so I dont ever really believe most home tests. With my first daughter I was already over 2 months along before one showed positive (after taking 12 of them) and with my second one it only took 2 tests at only 2 1/2-3 weeks to show up positive! I am having a ton of symptoms but dont know who to really talk to about them. I cant speak to my sisters and ask for their advice because they are not able to have children, dont want to talk to my fiances family until its a positive or negative for sure, just have no idea where to go to get answers. My symptoms include: Last AF being 'different and shorter than normal', Being tired constantly which isnt like me after just being awake for like 4-8 hours, Frequently using the restroom when I normally just have to pee about 3-4 times within a whole day and now its like every 1 1/2-2 hours, Nausea with or without eating, Never feeing 100% full after eating no matter how much I do eat, Sensitivity to smells, Morning and night sickness without throwing up with just having the feeling, Heartburn out of nowhere, Mood swings, Terrible hot flashes, Low back pain, More vaginal discharge than usual, Headaches, BAD cramps mostly on left side of pelvis area that feel like round ligament pain, Bloating, Gassy, Spotted for 1 day a couple weeks after last AF, Constant runny nose without having a cold, and just feeling pregnant. So please someone help me out! lol. I'm just needing advice on if I'm just worrying or if I should test within this week. Idk anyone personally who has gotten pregnant with an IUD but I know its definitely possible. Thank you and congrats again to you all
Me (24), DF (26), DSS (5), DD (2), DD (1). Very happy and lucky of my little family!

MrsBurt05 responded:
I have never had an IUD, but I have heard of some women getting pregnant on it. I don't know the statistics or how the IUD makes you feel hormonally. But I would test for sure, if you haven't done so recently. I would also make an appointment to see your doctor to get a blood test whether you get a positive or a negative on your home test, and talk to him about your symptoms.

I wish you the best of luck!
DS-11/22/05 DS-11/19/07 BFP-10/21/12-DUE JULY 4TH 2013!! Think pink! :)

Blog: http://youngmommaliving.blogspot.com/

Shortcake88 replied to MrsBurt05's response:
Thank you MrsBurt05 for replying! I was looking up online all night last night because for some reason I just couldnt fall asleep like I usually do. But I was reading articles woman had wrote about getting pregnant with the exact same IUD as me and how/what they did. So that kind of helped my nerves. I'm due for AF 11/08/12 so we will see. I do agree that I probably need to get blood work done as you mentioned. It will have to be done by free clinic because I currently moved back to mine and my fiances home town so dont have a doctor or insurance again as of yet. Also, the day I was getting my IUD placed my doctor at the time mentioned that morning he delivered a baby from the same one I had gotten. Congrats on your BFP, keeping my fingers crossed for you to get your little girl!
Me (24), DF (26), DSS (5), DD (2), DD (1). Very happy and lucky of my little family!

Shortcake88 replied to Shortcake88's response:
Another factor is, I have to have c-sections since my cervix doesnt react like it should during labor. Both of daughters were emergency c-sections. I have read that if you do get pregnant with an IUD that it could actually come out during labor and delivery but I'm not sure if thats with only having vaginal deliveries!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Since I was 16 I had thought I would never have kids. The one thing I wanted more than anything was to have a child. I struggled with this for so long...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.