Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

BFP!!
wanderson2012 posted:
Hello Ladies! I'm new to this particular board, but used WebMD 3 years ago when I found out I was PG with my son, and found such wonderful support so I knew I had to join this time, too.
So, I got my first (but faint) positive pregnancy test this evening! DF & I are super excited. Been TTC since July 2012. I didn't think I was PG but my period was due last Tuesday, so 6 days ago. I took 2 tests last week with both being negative, so I decided to take another one today just for the heck of it, and what do you know! There were 2 lines! I'm still in shock- it hasn't even set it yet. I took 2 of the Wal-Mart brand tests and both were + but the EPT I took showed nothing! Is this possible- can some brands show a + but others show a BFN? It almost makes me doubt if the other 2 positives are even positive?! Has any of you ladies had this happen to you? I've compared my results to those online and they look the same. I'm just doubting myself I think. I plan on taking another EPT in the morning with first morning urine, to see if it shows up then. Either way- I definitely know I've had 2 tests w/ + results! Guess I just need reassuring
I'm not really sure when I O'd, as my chart on Fertility Friend never detected it, like it has the past several cycles, so I think it's still really early. Any advice? I can't wait to see a more VISIBLE line, just to reassure myself, before I get too excited
Thanks for any advice and congrats to you all!!!!!!!
~Whitney

Take the Poll

With getting 2 faint lines on the same PG tests (WalMart brand), but a negative on the EPT test, am I still pregnant?!
  • Yes, definitely!
  • Not sure- wait a few days
  • Yes you are- the WalMart brand must be more sensitive
  • Keep testing!
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Some tests are more sensitve than others, even tests in the same box.

mommyin2011 responded:
Congrats on the BFP!!! I would test again like you said ur going to do. Im not sure if certine test are more sensitive then others. If you get a -, i would get a blood test at ur OB.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Me (30) DH (27) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12

wanderson2012 replied to mommyin2011's response:
Thanks for the replies! I took another test this evening, and still saw a faint line. I've heard the tests w/ the blue dye shows up more than the pink dye, so the one I used tonight was the pink dye, and sure enough- I could see it but definitely not as much as the ones the night before (with the blue dye). I'm going to keep testing this week, just bc I want to see a bright for-sure positive. I'm to the point that I think I'm becoming a POAS-aholic

wanderson2012 replied to wanderson2012's response:
Hi Ladies,
Just an FYI that I'm going to the OB tomorrow morning (Thursday) to rule out for sure if I'm PG or not. I do believe I am, due to the past 5 tests having clear (but faint) positives. I think I'm just so early, it's not extremely visible yet but I'd be more comfortable going so that I can get my prenatal care started. I'll post an update tomorrow!

missashley1010 responded:
I remember with my first pregnancy the lines were too faint I was getting all worked up because I was like it says pregnant but it seems like it could be wrong. Anyways I ended up getting a clear blue easy digital so it says pregnant or not pregnant lol I need blunt answers. I decided to not even mess around with the dye tests this time around and just got the digital.

mommyin2011 replied to wanderson2012's response:
good luck to you!!! *~*~baby dust~*~* let us know how it goes!!!
Me (30) DH (27) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 33 year old mommy of a beautiful 2 year old girl with Baby #2 on the way! I have a wonderful husband and we all live in a small town in Ohio! ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.