Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

BFP!!
wanderson2012 posted:
Hello Ladies! I'm new to this particular board, but used WebMD 3 years ago when I found out I was PG with my son, and found such wonderful support so I knew I had to join this time, too.
So, I got my first (but faint) positive pregnancy test this evening! DF & I are super excited. Been TTC since July 2012. I didn't think I was PG but my period was due last Tuesday, so 6 days ago. I took 2 tests last week with both being negative, so I decided to take another one today just for the heck of it, and what do you know! There were 2 lines! I'm still in shock- it hasn't even set it yet. I took 2 of the Wal-Mart brand tests and both were + but the EPT I took showed nothing! Is this possible- can some brands show a + but others show a BFN? It almost makes me doubt if the other 2 positives are even positive?! Has any of you ladies had this happen to you? I've compared my results to those online and they look the same. I'm just doubting myself I think. I plan on taking another EPT in the morning with first morning urine, to see if it shows up then. Either way- I definitely know I've had 2 tests w/ + results! Guess I just need reassuring
I'm not really sure when I O'd, as my chart on Fertility Friend never detected it, like it has the past several cycles, so I think it's still really early. Any advice? I can't wait to see a more VISIBLE line, just to reassure myself, before I get too excited
Thanks for any advice and congrats to you all!!!!!!!
~Whitney

Take the Poll

With getting 2 faint lines on the same PG tests (WalMart brand), but a negative on the EPT test, am I still pregnant?!
  • Yes, definitely!
  • Not sure- wait a few days
  • Yes you are- the WalMart brand must be more sensitive
  • Keep testing!
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Some tests are more sensitve than others, even tests in the same box.

mommyin2011 responded:
Congrats on the BFP!!! I would test again like you said ur going to do. Im not sure if certine test are more sensitive then others. If you get a -, i would get a blood test at ur OB.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Me (30) DH (27) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12

wanderson2012 replied to mommyin2011's response:
Thanks for the replies! I took another test this evening, and still saw a faint line. I've heard the tests w/ the blue dye shows up more than the pink dye, so the one I used tonight was the pink dye, and sure enough- I could see it but definitely not as much as the ones the night before (with the blue dye). I'm going to keep testing this week, just bc I want to see a bright for-sure positive. I'm to the point that I think I'm becoming a POAS-aholic

wanderson2012 replied to wanderson2012's response:
Hi Ladies,
Just an FYI that I'm going to the OB tomorrow morning (Thursday) to rule out for sure if I'm PG or not. I do believe I am, due to the past 5 tests having clear (but faint) positives. I think I'm just so early, it's not extremely visible yet but I'd be more comfortable going so that I can get my prenatal care started. I'll post an update tomorrow!

missashley1010 responded:
I remember with my first pregnancy the lines were too faint I was getting all worked up because I was like it says pregnant but it seems like it could be wrong. Anyways I ended up getting a clear blue easy digital so it says pregnant or not pregnant lol I need blunt answers. I decided to not even mess around with the dye tests this time around and just got the digital.

mommyin2011 replied to wanderson2012's response:
good luck to you!!! *~*~baby dust~*~* let us know how it goes!!!
Me (30) DH (27) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 years old and married the love of my life September of 2010. I was officially diagnosed a few months ago with a prolactin secreting pituitary ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful