Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

12 Week Freak Out!
MRSKuhns posted:
Today I had my 12 week appointment and they did an ultrasound. We saw the baby move a little and saw the heartbeat, but when my doctor went to listen to the heartbeat we couldn't hear it. With my past pregnancy history I am nervous that the baby may not be ok or that I am going to have a miscarriage. I know I probably just need to calm down and the doctor said she wasn't worried since we say the heartbeat, but I guess i just need a little reassurance from someone who has experienced this or any encouragement really! Sorry, I am just having a mini freak out.....
Me (24), DH (27), DS (21m), M/C 4/12, M/C 6/12, and due 5/30/13

missashley1010 responded:
I just had my 12 week ultrasound my doctor didnt even let us listen to the heartbeat he just pointed to the heart and says we have a heartbeat. I think my doctor said he likes his patients to be a little farther along because when the babies are so tiny they are hard to find with the doppler. I wouldnt try to get too worked up about it the good thing is you seen baby and a heartbeat Id say that is a awsome day at the doctors office congrats

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I agree with the pp. I got lucky and was able to hear my DS' heartbeat at 10 weeks but my doctor said they usually don't hear it until around 14 weeks.

MRSKuhns responded:
Thank you so much ladies
Me (24), DH (27), DS (21m), M/C 4/12, M/C 6/12, and due 5/30/13

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I'm Shauna. I have been married for coming up on 6 years and have one 3 year old son. I found the boards very helpful and fun with my last ...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful