Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

12 Week Freak Out!
MRSKuhns posted:
Today I had my 12 week appointment and they did an ultrasound. We saw the baby move a little and saw the heartbeat, but when my doctor went to listen to the heartbeat we couldn't hear it. With my past pregnancy history I am nervous that the baby may not be ok or that I am going to have a miscarriage. I know I probably just need to calm down and the doctor said she wasn't worried since we say the heartbeat, but I guess i just need a little reassurance from someone who has experienced this or any encouragement really! Sorry, I am just having a mini freak out.....
Me (24), DH (27), DS (21m), M/C 4/12, M/C 6/12, and due 5/30/13

missashley1010 responded:
I just had my 12 week ultrasound my doctor didnt even let us listen to the heartbeat he just pointed to the heart and says we have a heartbeat. I think my doctor said he likes his patients to be a little farther along because when the babies are so tiny they are hard to find with the doppler. I wouldnt try to get too worked up about it the good thing is you seen baby and a heartbeat Id say that is a awsome day at the doctors office congrats

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I agree with the pp. I got lucky and was able to hear my DS' heartbeat at 10 weeks but my doctor said they usually don't hear it until around 14 weeks.

MRSKuhns responded:
Thank you so much ladies
Me (24), DH (27), DS (21m), M/C 4/12, M/C 6/12, and due 5/30/13

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Mandy, I found out April 19th that I'm pregnant! I was sick that day with the flu and ended up in the ER where they told me I was abou...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.