Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

WIfe Pregnant
Candyman3960 posted:
My wife is pregnant (3 to 5 weeks) and she has no energy. She is taking Pre-Natal vitamins and is eating when she is hungry. any ideas what might be causing her lack of energy. This is her first pregnancy and she is 43 years old.

missashley1010 responded:
If you read anything about being pregnant a lack of energy is going to be one of the first things you find. It is most apparent in the first and third trimester. Her body is in overdrive introducing new hormones and getting ready to support another life for the next 9 months. It is very common for her to feel tired and have no energy. tell her to try to go on a walk or do something that involves exercise it is a great energy booster! Congrats BTW

frysjean replied to missashley1010's response:
I completely agree with Miss Ashley. I'm about 5 weeks along and all I want to do is take a nap when I get home from work. I feel so much better if I eat a light snack and take the dog for a walk. I get more lethargic when I try to regain energy by resting.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. I just found out that I am pregnant! Have not even been to the doctor yet, but I think I should be due...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.