Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First time
Rissy posted:
I am Carissa, and I'm around my 9th week now. I've been experiencing a lot of nausea and fatigue and if I get up too quickly I get really light headed and faint.
I experience some cramping if I get too hungry during the day, I was wondering if that's normal?
Also I haven't been able to go to a doctor yet because of complications with my fiance and transportation.
I've been really depressed lately and am feeling very alone, my family is in NC and I'm in MN so it's a very long way away, I don't really have many friends here and don't talk to people much.
I live in a very small town and am feeling more moody than usual. I had a fight with my fiance last night and he said I'm "always angry" I don't try to be, I'm just frustrated with everything as it is right now, it doesn't help that this is my first pregnancy and I feel so inexperienced and overwhelmed because I don't really have anyone to help me through this time in my life.
Does anyone have any advice or support? It would do wonders for me.

P.S. I know I have a few different questions in here, so I apologize if it's a lot to have to read.

KLN777 responded:
Hey Carissa, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! You may be getting light headed bc you could be anemic. I have had similar problems (although I have not actually fainted) and I am slightly anemic. Try amping up your iron intake and see if that helps. Spinach and beef are great sources of iron. I also started eating Luna bars, which have added iron, vitamin D, calcium, and folic acid. All good stuff for the baby. Are you taking prenatals?

The nausea, unfortunately, is super normal. It goes away for a lot of people around the time the second trimester rolls in, so there may be an end in sight.

Is there a church in your town that you could get involved in? A lot of churches have small groups of people that meet outside of church and become a lot closer. That may be a good place to meet people who would walk through this though time with you. I have made very close friends in church small groups. It does wonders to know that people care about you and are praying for you. Would someone in your family be able to come visit you for a pick-me-up? Or do you have one friend that you could ask go shopping with you? Getting a fun baby item may help you to be a little more excited.

I am also 9 weeks, so I am right there with you. I am due June 26. Keep me posted on how you're doing. I also started a group for June 2013 Moms, so if you'd want to check that out, there are a few of us who are around the same time together. Take care of yourself!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Due end of March 2011 Surprise pregnancy First child

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.