Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

8 wks and bleeding...TMI warning and kinda long...
Anon_24669 posted:
I am 8 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. A little back story this is my 2nd pregnancy and I have no prior miscarriages. My first pregnancy I didn't find out until 15 wks as I had what I considered to be periods although into the 2nd month the bleeding was so eratic I sought the advice of a GYN to see if my menstrual cycle had gone awry. Turns out I was prego, and since an ultrasound was normal they never did offer insight on the bleeding.

I found out I was pregnant with this one at 5 wks and 3 days by a pregnancy test. Since I was having lack of symptoms (besides missed period) I took a second test which was also positive. I have an appt with my OB nurse on 12/5 and will see the actual OB about a week after that. My lack of symptoms left me worried so I talked to an OB at my work (yes I work with an OB, but choose to keep my work and personal private so sought care with an outside OB). The OB at my work had her nurse ultrasound me just this last Tues the 20th. I saw a precious bean with a thriving heartbeat and no isses.

Skip to yesterday on Thanksgiving. Sorry if this is TMI, but my fiance and I had sex in the morning which resulted in spotting. I wasn't worried and by the time we drove our 5 hour trip to see family it was gone. We ate, I played with my 5 year old, then went to the bathroom to find a decent amount of bright red blood. It wasn't a gush persay, but took a few wipes to get it all to go away. I was able to find the cell for my work OB. She said that it was probably my cervix being sensitive to sex and to just relax. As long as it wasn't a gush or filling the toilet it wasn't a worry to her plus my positive ultrasound put me at low risk for miscarriage.

Overnight the bleeding went to a very light pink spotting so I felt better. By 6 am this morning it was back to a heavier bleed...similar to a light period I guess you could say. I tried to call my regular OB office and they are closed so I again called the OB from my work. She still insists that I am perfectly ok and that unless I am soaking a pad I shouldn't worry; also that if I chose to go to the ER she was positive they would send me home to rest.

I'm trying to believe her I mean she is an OB after all and I did experience bleeding with my first pregnancy. I guess I just can't believe it's 24 hours later and it's still happening. I have no cramps or clots in the blood, but it's just not letting up. Trying to see if I have anyone with similar experiences to ease my mind. It was different with my first because when I was bleeding I didn't know I was prego so I didn't have a chance to worry.

Any advice is appreciated. I am thankful for any replies!

cera627 responded:
Sadly no one has replied yet, but I wanted to provide an update. I am still bleeding. I laid in bed from 3:30 pm yesterday to 1 pm today and it was slowed to more of a brown dried up color. I decided it was time to get up so I put up some xmas decorations and ran to a couple stores to get up and about. By the time I was done with a few hours of being on my feet the blood was back to being red and spotting/flowing like a light period. Still no cramping or clots so trying to stay positive.

reb_hun replied to cera627's response:
would go to the er if i were you, they might have to put you on bedrest...

KLN777 replied to cera627's response:
I agree with previous post. No clotting or cramping is a good sign, but with that much bleeding, you should check on your baby. At the ER, they can check the baby with an ultrasound, make sure everything is ok, and if you need a cerclage (sp?), progesterone, or bed rest to make sure your baby stays healthy. Take care!

cera627 responded:
I was able to talk to my OB. She said everything sounded fine and that the sex just irritated my cervix. She said there was nothing they or an ER could do for me beside say stay away from sex for a while. The bleeding totally stopped yesterday and hasn't came back so I think all is well. I was told to call or go to the ER only if it was to come back with a large amount of blood or severe cramps.

mar_v13 replied to cera627's response:
My sister was bleeding with clots with her second. Didnt have any issues with her first so she was freaking out. I bled for the first 13 weeks.

Congrats cera627 its nice to see a familiar face ; )

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of 3 beautiful children. Kailia age 5, Jeffrey Jr age 3, and Jeyliana age 18 months. I have been married to my DH since 08.16.08. We are...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.