Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

6 weeks pregnant with slight spotting and cramping after sex
Lantiis posted:
So, I found out I was pregnant from morning sickness, fatigue and a very tender abdomen with slight cramping (went to the ER thinking it was appendicitis). I have not had my first OB appointment yet and don't know who my OB will be. I only know I am pregnant because the ER did a blood test to confirm the urine they did before sending me to get a scan to rule out a problem with my appendix (a scan that obviously never happened). This is my first pregnancy and I'm kinda freaking out because my husband and I had sex this afternoon and a little while later I had some mild cramping and some light pink spotting when I went pee. The mild cramping comes and goes and I haven't seen anymore pink spotting, but I am still worried. Should I wait for my OB appointment in a week and a half or go to the hospital? And should I be having sex?

KLN777 responded:
You are probably just fine. A lot of women have light spotting like that in their first trimester. Early in pregnancy, your cervix is sensitive and things like sex or a pap can cause spotting. Mild cramping is just a part of early pregnancy, too. Your uterus is growing, which causes some cramping. If your cramping becomes severe and/or you start bleeding more heavily with clotting, go to the ER. But from what you described, it all sounds very normal. And congrats, btw!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jeanette [31], DH [37], Julie Marie Born 12-9-09, EDD 11-24-10 (think it's a boy & rather hoping too!)

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful