Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

6 weeks pregnant with slight spotting and cramping after sex
Lantiis posted:
So, I found out I was pregnant from morning sickness, fatigue and a very tender abdomen with slight cramping (went to the ER thinking it was appendicitis). I have not had my first OB appointment yet and don't know who my OB will be. I only know I am pregnant because the ER did a blood test to confirm the urine they did before sending me to get a scan to rule out a problem with my appendix (a scan that obviously never happened). This is my first pregnancy and I'm kinda freaking out because my husband and I had sex this afternoon and a little while later I had some mild cramping and some light pink spotting when I went pee. The mild cramping comes and goes and I haven't seen anymore pink spotting, but I am still worried. Should I wait for my OB appointment in a week and a half or go to the hospital? And should I be having sex?

KLN777 responded:
You are probably just fine. A lot of women have light spotting like that in their first trimester. Early in pregnancy, your cervix is sensitive and things like sex or a pap can cause spotting. Mild cramping is just a part of early pregnancy, too. Your uterus is growing, which causes some cramping. If your cramping becomes severe and/or you start bleeding more heavily with clotting, go to the ER. But from what you described, it all sounds very normal. And congrats, btw!

Spotlight: Member Stories

So it begins... My husband and I just moved to a new city, away from friends and family. Which has been a great new adventure and we are really happy....More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.