Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Sleep Deprived!
tjackson1016 posted:
Hi everyone! I'm 8w0d and am having a awful time getting sleep these days. Also, this is my first pregnancy. For about 3 weeks now I wake up early in the morning and lay awake for about 2 hours before falling asleep again. I've read this is normal for some women. I've always heard women say how sleepy they were and how they could almost sleep all day! I so wish that were my problem. On the days I lose sleep, I have increased nausea. Anyone else losing sleep out there? If so, any tips on how to deal with it? Thanks!

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Hello,

Do you think it's from the excitement of being pregnant? If so, you should be able to sleep soon once the initial emotions wear off and you are used to the fact that you're pregnant.

Congratulations!!! This is my first pregnancy too, but I'm lurking from the 3rd tri. My sleep is disturbed every hour to hour and a half for one reason or another.
God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

tjackson1016 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Hi, sorry I'm just now replying! I'm still not sleeping well, but have read up this issue and it has something to do with horomones. Not all women have this problem, but I guess it's something I'll be stuck with the entire time. I'm now exactly 15 weeks and I'm still have trouble. It seems to be getting worse also, so I'm just going with it for now. I'm not used to getting up in the middle of the night, but I guess I could get some chores done around the house if I cannot sleep. My Mom says my body is just getting me ready for the sleepless nights ahead when baby arrives. Hope all is well with you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 20 years old, I have been living with my boyfriend since April of 2012 and we are currently expecting our first child. Everything is extremely ne...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.