Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

4 weeks pregnant confusion
mpeters52 posted:
my girlfriend and i just recently found out she was pregnant. today she went to the hosptial and had a u/s the want all that. they said they see something and def is pregnant. they said it is hard to see though and looks like its in the uterus but could be ectopic. so they said come back next friday and we will know for sure. this wait is going to kill me. is this a common issue just because it is so soon into pregnancy its hard to see?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes. Four weeks is too early to really see anything. At six weeks we saw a blob but that's it.

Spartan_Mommy responded:
Was it an internal ultrasound? They are able to see things much better with an internal u/s this early. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks because they were afraid that my pregnancy was ectopic and the tech was barely able to see anything on the external u/s. The internal u/s showed that the baby was right where is was supposed to.

Is she having any bleeding/spotting, back pain, dizziness, or moderate/severe cramping? Those can be all signs of an ectopic pregnancy, but doesn't mean it is. I had spotting, mild cramping, and severe back pain but there is nothing wrong with the baby and my pregnancy. Try not to worry and take good care of her.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I'm 23 and married to a Marine. We have a little girl who was born 2/14/08 and are expecting another baby due on 2/14/11.

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful