Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

1st doctor's appointment question
court49525 posted:
Hi everyone!

I just found out that I am pregnant yesterday. While I am incredibly excited because this will be #2 for us, it's still very early so we aren't telling anyone yet because of the risk of miscarriage.
All that being said, I called my doctor so she could write me a script for prenatal vitamins and they did that for me but they also want me to come in next week to confirm the pregnancy.

I, personally, think it seems like a waste of my time to confirm it. I know I'm pregnant and they only thing they are going to do is have me meet with a nurse, write down my history (yet again), have me pee on a stick, and tell me what I can and cannot do. Then I will have to go in yet again around 12 weeks to actually meet with the doctor. Having been through all of this before, I would rather just wait until the 12 week appointment because if I'm going to have a miscarriage it will have happened by then. The office won't let me do that though because they said it's procedure even though I've been a patient there for 8 years and this doctor was my OB for my DD.

Any thoughts? Is this really necessary?

missashley1010 responded:
Lurking from 2nd tri

I thought the same thing when I went in for that appt! I felt like it was such a waste of time and money. Everything stayed the same with my medical history and I got the same book I got when I had my son latedah. They also told me I had to do it. I dont know if you just waited it out if they would just skip that appt. I know for sure they cant MAKE you go to an appt, however even if you sechdual it at a later time I wonder if they would still have you meet with nurse...tough call. I do agree that is waste of time. I guess you could just bite the bullet and go like I did.

court49525 replied to missashley1010's response:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! I may just bite the bullet like you did since the appt is suppose to be on Monday and I'm sure they would not be happy if I cancelled last minute.
Oh well.

Thanks for replying!

ShaylaCG responded:
My first Dr appointment was actually different this time. I had an ultrasound, and had to get bloodwork done. While I don't think there would be any harm in waiting, it wouldn't hurt either.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I'm 23 and married to a Marine. We have a little girl who was born 2/14/08 and are expecting another baby due on 2/14/11.

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful