Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Should I have to move to be closer to my babydaddy?
Aseel0789 posted:
I found out at the beginning of this week that am 8 weeks pregnant. I am happy and although I'm nervous because this will be my first child, having an abortion has never crossed my mine. My baby's father lives in SC and I live in Maryland. He recently moved there for his job, and to be closer to the child that he already has who also lives in SC. He has kind of given me an ultimatum: either move to SC so that he can continue to be close to his 2-year old son, or get an abortion.. It would be no problem for him to transfer closer to me as far as the job situation goes. We are in a relationship, and have tlked about marriage and starting a family in the past. Is it selfish that I don't want to move out there because all my family and support system is here.. As a first-time mother I feel like I need to be around my family.. If I moved he would be the only person I know.. Currently he lives about an hour away from his son. I don't want to seem harsh, but I feel like he kind of gave up the benefit of being apart of his son's everyday life when he chose not to be with the child's mother.. I love his son, and definitely want him in his life, but I don't understand how one child can be more important than the other. I don't know what to do.. Should I just give him a free pass to not be apart of my child's life because I really want my baby.. and since its my body and choice I don't want to leave him in a situation where he has to deal with a child that he didn't want..

missashley1010 responded:
I would say first off DONT move. Yes stay close to your support system you will need them and it makes things easier on you. Second WTH with your baby daddy! If my fiance gave me that kind of ultimatum I would tell him to fly a kite and yes he has a free pass to move on in life without his help. I cant believe he said that to you thats horrible. Stay strong he might change his mind but stick to your guns and if you want this baby he should not have any decision about what you do with it since he wants to give ultimatums like that!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christine. My husband and I have been married since Nov. 2007. We have an almost 4 year old son that was born on 07/07/07 and an almost 1 y...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.