Less pregnancy symptoms?
charinkellie posted:
Hi all!
I am just over 5 weeks pregnant, and my husband and I are very excited.

This will be my husband's first child, and my third...we had a miscarriage in November so we are feeling very blessed but also anxiously waiting to get further along and know that everything's ok.

My HCG levels have been tested twice and they tripled in 48 hours, so all looks well there.

My question is if any of you Mama's who've had more than one child had radically different pregnancy symptoms. With my first two children, I was very very sick. (To the point of vomiting 10 times a day plus with my second born for the entire pregnancy).
So far, I am slightly nauseous but nothing like I felt with my other babies. I know that can be a major blessing! But because of the miscarriage I had, it also makes me nervous.
Any input on if that's "normal"?

Marie18 responded:
I am actually the exact opposite of you. I'm pregnant with my 3rd child also and I'm experiencing more sickness than I ever did with my first 2. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I'm older this time (i was in my early 20s with the first 2 and now im 30) or if its maybe a girl since my first 2 were boys. I've heard from many other friends that had very different pregnancies with each of their kids so I'm thinking it must be normal.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Anything from every symptom in the book to no symptoms is normal. There is a regular poster on WebMD who had no symptoms when she was pregnant with twins.

With my first, my m/s would hit in the afternoon and I'd feel miserable until I went to bed. With my second, my m/s lasted from the time I woke up until I went to bed; I even had to leave work early a few times because it was so bad.

charinkellie replied to Marie18's response:
Thanks for your answer!
I started feeling very nausous again last night and today, and as crazy as this is, I'm really thankful. I just want to know that everything's good.

I do think the sex of the baby can make a big difference on symptoms...you may be getting a girl this time!
Best of luck with everything.