Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Baby #2, new job and officially freaked out!
Carleysmom posted:
I'm going to preface this with an apology, it's going to be long. It's been a few years since I was on this board but it really helped me before. My daughter will be 4 next month. I always said I wanted two kids, well that time has come. I took two tests a week ago and both were without a doubt POSITIVE. I am completely freaked out. I had a great pregnancy with my daughter, no complications but had a miscarriage in 2010. This pregnancy feels like it did with my daughter so I hope everything is going to be okay..

I am completely freaked out because I just started a new job in December after being with the same company for 8 years. I know this is awful to think but I don't want people to think differently of me at the new job or treat me differently. I left my previous employer for more opportunity and I'm afraid this will affect my chances here. What an awful thing to think, I know.

I am a firm believer in everything happens when it happens for a reason. I don't have much of a support system besides my husband and daughter so I didn't know where to turn. He teases me and says I'm just being hormonal but this is really hard.

I hate being pregnant because I am so self conscious (which also sounds ridiculous). Not feeling well and being tired all of the time isn't helping.

Am I being ridiculous.. I think it's just the lack of support.. I don't know.. Thanks everyone.

annierules responded:
Hi Carleysmom, you've come to the right place! It's always nice to have a support system outside of your immediate family, it's a way to get another perspective and calm your nerves. I'm in my first trimester and it's been a roller coaster ride, up and down, crazy and calm. You're not being ridiculous. If you want another source of support/inspiration, there are daily tips on pregnancy and I think stress as well. Let me know if it helps: http://bit.ly/VSHOtg

Carleysmom replied to annierules's response:
Thank you annie. I'm having such a hard time right now and I really appreciate the support. I will definitely check out the link you sent. How far along are you? I feel like I am an emotional wreck.. My first was not this bad.

noodles1738 responded:
I just found out Im preg with #2 as well and Im so afraid, all these things keep running thru my head. The only difference with me is I am considering an abortion and I feel so bad about it. I have a daughter she is 7 and her dad passed when she was 2 and its just been hard without my parents being here I dont know how I would have made it. I been at this job for 9 years and Im working on my masters once I finish this summer I was going to look for a better paying job. Now Im just confused, Im so scared to tell my mom and dad even though Im 31. So crazy right? I wish you the best

Carleysmom replied to noodles1738's response:
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your daughter's father. No you are not crazy.. I have been an emotional basket case. I have the same thoughts go through my head at times and then I talk myself out of it telling myself that it's all going to be okay and that everything happens when it happens for a reason. I even bought a book over the weekend titled "Everything Happens for a Reason". I took this new job in December because I had finished my Master's 3 years ago and was stagnant in my career. Now I'm afraid that I have moved on to a better place with more opportunity I will be treated differently and overlooked. My parents divorced after 36 years two years ago and I have a strained relationship with my father so I have yet to tell him and I really don't want to tell him or anyone on his side of the family until I absolutely have to.. It's an awful feeling. I'm 30 and afraid to talk to my dad about anything even remotely serious, let alone this. He hasn't seen my daughter since Christmas and he lives 15 minutes away.... but that is an entirely different story. Your parents may be thrilled for you and I'm sure will be there for you again. Please don't feel crazy, believe me I promise you I have had the same thoughts. I wish I could turn off my brain. I turned to this group in hopes that there would be others out there to lean on and share these thoughts and feelings with and just get support to know that I am not going crazy. Do you know how far long you are or when you would be due? You will be okay. I wish you all the best as well. Please don't hesitate to respond or email me directly. If you want to email me let me know and I'll send you my email address. Hang in there.

-Sarah

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 27 years old and my husband is 28. We were married on June 27, 2009. I wasn't ready for kids right away as I have an irrational fear of fi...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.